Rowsdower70

You know what really grinds my gears?

That's right.  Plus sometimes those engineers are not allowed to do their job properly due to time and budget constraints and end up making some tough choices. 

Yup.  Been through it first hand recently with two projects for a company I work for.  Project Managers lowball project budgets and then expect it done in an unrealistic deadline.

"We need this widget to do 30 different things, plus be new an innovative.  Oh, by the way, you only have two weeks, There's cake in the break room, okay - bye!"

Yup.  Been through it first hand recently with two projects for a company I work for.  Project Managers lowball project budgets and then expect it done in an unrealistic deadline.

"We need this widget to do 30 different things, plus be new an innovative.  Oh, by the way, you only have two weeks, There's cake in the break room, okay - bye!"

You know what DOESN'T grind my gears?  Cake in the break room. ;)

It grinds my gears when there WAS cake in the break room, but I didn't get any! 

One time at work, we had a really difficult project.  Lots of late nights and extra hours, but it got done with minimal issues.  So they decide to celebrate at a fancy restaurant once it's done...but choose the day I take off to make up for all the lost hours!   My gears were ground that day my friend. 

It grinds my gears when there WAS cake in the break room, but I didn't get any! 

One time at work, we had a really difficult project.  Lots of late nights and extra hours, but it got done with minimal issues.  So they decide to celebrate at a fancy restaurant once it's done...but choose the day I take off to make up for all the lost hours!   My gears were ground that day my friend. 

THAT is a hangin' offense 'round here.

Reminds me of:

What grinds my gears right now???????? Since I leaked out the upcoming AT Games Atari Flashback 7 console and the AT Games Atari Flashback Portable yesterday, I figured I'd vent about past homemade Atari VCS/2600 portables.

I understand the "standard" of portables today are: d-pad on left side & buttons on right side. But, think about how you hold an actual Atari VCS/2600 joystick........... left hand pressing fire button and right hand on the stick. So, why is every Atari 2600 portable I've ever seen online not reversed from the standard?????

Examples below:

#1 - #5 - Ben Heck

#6 & 7 - Charles Tweedy

#8 - loveablechevy

#9 - unknown (portable made out of an actual  VCS console

#10 - DIY portable

#11 - 2016 AT Games Atari Flashback Portable (pre-order form pic)

this is not all of the portables I have seen online, but you get the idea.......

post-52-0-90133600-1467951101.jpg

post-52-0-68205700-1467951109.jpg

post-52-0-71943100-1467951113.jpg

post-52-0-85910700-1467951129.jpg

post-52-0-97968100-1467951134.jpg

post-52-0-21477900-1467951147_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-39340900-1467951153.jpg

post-52-0-01063100-1467951180_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-07444300-1467951194_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-96359300-1467951526_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-96670700-1467952022.png

Whats grinding my gears at the moment, all my friends/facebook friends calling me non stop to come to the park or the river or the mall to go catch pokemon with pokemon go

One friend said i know that you collect video games so i know that this would be perfect for you. I told him to go get a gb color and get pokemon red or blue and we can use the link cable to play together

Doing my 1st Night Shift, realising it's a full moon and i'm stuck with a vast number of folks gripped by Lunar Madness...

Honest to god, every full moon a large % of folks i work with act very differently and it makes for a very, very long shift.

There's no question the full moon affects people.   I've noticed differences in almost every job I've had.   Most recently working in a pharmacy. 

Goodwill in  our neighboring town really grinds my gears.  
I have been in there dozens of times, and each time I discover several games that have had the discs stolen out of them.  The first few months I would find them, I'd gather the cases and bring them to the counter and tell the clerk that they have a theft problem.  They really don't care and didn't do a thing about it.
I then spoke to the manager at one point letting them know that people donate these items in good faith, and they are just letting them walk out of the store.   They did respond by moving them...to a much harder to see location.
The last time I went in there literally every single game case, down to the Madden...was empty.   I simply opened up all of the cases (there were well over 20) and left them open like a book in front of the display so the employees could throw them away later.

All thrift stores are NOT created equal.  Management makes all the difference. 

It's a huge problem at many thrift stores.  Nintendo DS ones are the worst...almost guaranteed that the game will be missing if they leave them out. 

There's a store near me that keeps the games/disks in a binder at the register, and the boxes out on display.  They put a sticker in the box indicating the binder to find the game.  It takes a little longer, but viola -- no more theft problem.

It's a huge problem at many thrift stores.  Nintendo DS ones are the worst...almost guaranteed that the game will be missing if they leave them out. 

There's a store near me that keeps the games/disks in a binder at the register, and the boxes out on display.  They put a sticker in the box indicating the binder to find the game.  It takes a little longer, but viola -- no more theft problem.

Our local Goodwill keeps the games in a glass display at the counter.  (once sorted)

Most of them don't make it that far if I'm around, I snag them while they are on the carts waiting to be put out, or I find them mixed in with the DVDs in the back.

Either way, I never find empty cases.   The employees there just care more.

Same here. The goodwill down the street from me ised to do the binder idea but for some reason stopped and just mixed the disc games in with the dvds. I always find empty gamecube and xbox cases and take them to the front to see if they have the disc somewhere else, but sadly no

Once the cashier thought i was the one who stole it. I was pissed and just left

Same here. The goodwill down the street from me ised to do the binder idea but for some reason stopped and just mixed the disc games in with the dvds. I always find empty gamecube and xbox cases and take them to the front to see if they have the disc somewhere else, but sadly no

Once the cashier thought i was the one who stole it. I was pissed and just left

Now THAT is a special cashier.   I would have had to chime in, "Yes ma'am, shoplifters often drop by the cashier just to show them their take before they leave the store."

....so called game journalism.    

Got lots of clicks from the Mini-NES announcement last week?   Why not flood them with years old news of a mini-Sega and pretend its new!?

Seriously sloppy clickbait journalism.

YES!  This ground my gears too!  Those Sega units have been around for years.  Console wars renewed?  No.  Just no. 

That's a gas fella, but yes, I think it needs to have a properly balanced person willing to take on the bad with the good, at least that way no one can be called to be one sided on this stuff, this was what I loved while producing the Atari Gamer and ST Gamer magazines.

It is fustrating, but isn't this all part of the retro gaming journo way these days, to sensitize an entire cover story to make it more magical then actual events? Nah me neither,I'd rather read the true facts.. but unfortunately that's the way these rag rats get their blood money, so I for one am totally with ya on this.

I swear, if I get screwed out of bidding another auction thanks to random people pointing said auction out on forums and FB groups for seemingly no reason...

HAI GUIZE!  Not my auction, but check out this lot of games with one specific game that Ballblaɀer wants that you otherwise wouldn't have EVER noticed!

No, but seriously, what the hell is up with that?  What are they getting out of this?  Are they trying to inflate the worth of something they already have?  Do they think they're doing a community service?

The people who really want a game will do their own damn legwork to acquire said game, and they don't need or want your "help".  Go find something else to do!

*deep breath*

It's just a game... it's just a game... it's just a game...

I swear, if I get screwed out of bidding another auction thanks to random people pointing said auction out on forums and FB groups for seemingly no reason...

No, but seriously, what the hell is up with that?  What are they getting out of this?  Are they trying to inflate the worth of something they already have?  Do they think they're doing a community service?

The people who really want a game will do their own damn legwork to acquire said game, and they don't need or want your "help".  Go find something else to do!

*deep breath*

It's just a game... it's just a game... it's just a game...

Dude.  You have NO idea.   Especially with Atari games lately.   Every.  Single.  Goodwill.  Listing.

People will complain about the price and the bids will roll in like crazy.

I've gotten sniped on several lately.

....witch hunts.   

This past week I've seen the nastiest spirited crap going on with AtariAge's facebook and their zealous desire to harass every eBay seller they deem worthy of their guile. 

They allow a blatant call for people to report and send harassing messages to eBay sellers and then whine when they get warnings themselves from eBay for harassment.

Disgusting behavior, and I'm thankful that Atari.IO doesn't play that game!