Rowsdower70

You know what really grinds my gears?

When ebay sellers purposely put words in the title to redirect people looking for something else.

Especially for the word lot (usual used for a multiple item auction).

Examples: One game that's "Lot's or Fun" (I see this a bunch)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Backyard-Hockey-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-2003-Lots-of-Fun-/391488651156?hash=item5b268abf94:g:hOMAAOSwujFXGEAE

Or this small lot that has BIG action (for anyone looking for a big lot)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-GI-Joe-3-Book-Lot-36-47-56-Great-Books-Big-Action-/291867646303?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Or when they put "no box" when it really isnt needed. Its just there so when i search for boxed games this will show up

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1982-INDIANA-JONES-RAIDERS-OF-THE-LOST-ARK-ATARI-2600-GAME-CARTRIDGE-NO-BOX-/361713791707?nav=SEARCH

Edited by jmjustin6

8-bit Eric.

I didn't even know who this idiot was, but he comes to the Retropaloozas, so when his video for Intellivision boxing came up as a YouTube suggestion I figured I'd give it a shot.

This guy is a moron.   Claimed that Intellivision boxing only had two boxers red and blue so it must be a bloods vs crips thing, talked about how it was just button mashing, and how terrible the Intellivision controller was.

Typical NES-era douche bag.   Even if you don't like the game, doing a SIMPLE google search would at least let you get your facts straight.   

Edited by Rowsdower70

It is amazing isn't it, that with Google such an easy tool to use, people writing articles for Retro Mags or doing YT vids still seemingly cannot be bothered to do a 30 second search before presenting stuff as fact..

This guy just another name to avoid time on it seems.

The worst part is that he raves about how great Mike Tyson's Punch Out was, and it was...a great game.   But on Punch Out you had fewer punches to choose from, couldn't pull punches or do a feint. 

There were (I think) six boxers, all with unique traits.  (Obviously Punch out had Little Mac only)

boxn-000.jpg"

It's not even in my top 25 games for INTV, but its far from a button masher.   There was plenty of strategy involved, and it was extremely innovative for its day.

Seller's who purposely mislead potential buyers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Asterix-/201675196211?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Notice how in the auction for a rare copy of Asterix, the photo cuts off right before where the P is on the end label to indicate it's the PAL version.

If you read the fine print, the auction does say the game is the less rare (and won't work here) PAL version, but it's easy to miss.

And since it's "untested", it would be easy for the seller to claim ignorance.

Seller's who purposely mislead potential buyers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Asterix-/201675196211?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Notice how in the auction for a rare copy of Asterix, the photo cuts off right before where the P is on the end label to indicate it's the PAL version.

If you read the fine print, the auction does say the game is the less rare (and won't work here) PAL version, but it's easy to miss.

And since it's "untested", it would be easy for the seller to claim ignorance.

Luckily one glance at the seller's feedback should be warning enough not to buy from that guy/gal.

...Cyanide and Happiness.

I HATE that cartoon strip.   Absolutely no talent stick figure trendy "look at me" crap.   

I have their facebook page blocked, I have their subreddit blocked, but invariably some other Facebook page re-uploads instead of sharing so it gets slapped up on my feed again.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't fault anyone for enjoying them.  To each his own, right?   I just wish I didn't have to ever see that generic looking un-funny comic strip again.

Edited by Rowsdower70

People who seem to think every platform Jeff Minter has worked on, ended in failure and now see him as the kiss of death..

Bit of perspective here, Panther and Konix canned before release..

Unity never released on GameCube..

Fate of GC,Jaguar,PS Vita and NOUN not tied to Jeff in any way...

And hello? The C64,Atari ST, Xbox 360, Commodore Amiga etc all did rather bloody well...

Man, I've never heard of this one before.  As far I I knew, he only wrote off-beat classic games for many systems. 

People who seem to think every platform Jeff Minter has worked on, ended in failure and now see him as the kiss of death..

Bit of perspective here, Panther and Konix canned before release..

Unity never released on GameCube..

Fate of GC,Jaguar,PS Vita and NOUN not tied to Jeff in any way...

And hello? The C64,Atari ST, Xbox 360, Commodore Amiga etc all did rather bloody well...

He also wrote a Defender clone for the Vic-20.   Minter is a talented guy.

This idea of the modern consoles taking forever to start a game (the initial copy the hard drive, the download and installation of updates)...is infuriating.  It's not a gaming console at all any more.  It used to be that you plug a game in (or put a disk in), wait just a short time...and play. 

May as well just game on a PC...it's the same model. 

Sellers on ebay that don't disclose items that are coming from a smoking home.

I think ebay should require sellers to disclose if their items come from a smoking or non smoking home.

I always put "From a non-smoking home" on my listings -- hoping that it's a selling point. 

Sellers on ebay that don't disclose items that are coming from a smoking home.

I think ebay should require sellers to disclose if their items come from a smoking or non smoking home.

In that case, they should definitely have to disclose if the home contains pets.   Beyond the smells, these things can cause problems with people with allergies.

I haven't had my gears ground in some time.

So right after my Arcade Expo, I order some Famicom games from Japan.   I never get shipping info, no tracking, nothing.  Eventually I contact the seller to ask if the item had shipped, and they say yes, but there's no tracking.   No biggie as long as it shows up.   So a month later, well past the estimated delivery time still no items (I ordered 3 lots from this seller, should be a total of like 30 or so games).   So I open up a request with ebay knowing I can close the request if the item showed up before the resolution date.

Today (2 days before ebay steps in) I finally get another message saying that shipping sometimes takes two months and asks me if I can wait.   The auction listing clearly shows shipping as 8-19 business days, and I'm coming up on 25+ business days and they are asking for another month with no proof the item was even sent. 

I tell them this is NOT acceptable, point out the specific time giving in their item listings.   And again request a full refund. 

Am I just being impatient, or is this seller not living up to their responsibilities per their own listing?

I've dealt with Japan and China several times, and have even gotten several shipments from China since I got this lot.   I feel like that even with the extra holiday time figured in that they have had plenty of time, and meanwhile I've got 60+ bucks tied up in something I haven't even got proof that they've sent.

Edited by Rowsdower70