Willie!

Atari I/O Retro Junk Box V: The Retro Strikes Back!

Update!  RJBV has made its way from Texas and arrived safe and sound.  Opened it this afternoon, unpacked it, took out some awesome stuff, added back in some awesome stuff, and just finished doing the Tetris thing to cram everything in.  I'll post a photo showing what I took out (along with some general photos of the box) later this evening. I wanted to do a video, but between having two root canals done this morning (hey, good times!) and having family come visit for the weekend, it'll have to wait until next time.

The RJB will get started on its way to correagonzalez tomorrow morning!

Update!  RJBV has made its way from Texas and arrived safe and sound.  Opened it this afternoon, unpacked it, took out some awesome stuff, added back in some awesome stuff, and just finished doing the Tetris thing to cram everything in.  I'll post a photo showing what I took out (along with some general photos of the box) later this evening. I wanted to do a video, but between having two root canals done this morning (hey, good times!) and having family come visit for the weekend, it'll have to wait until next time.

Looking forward to the pics! 

sorry 'bout the visiting family  ...  :mac_bomb:

looking forward to the pics myself :) but no hurry

:nintendo_mario_pill:  :nintendo_mario_dr_mario:

First up -- the box itself!  Overall, it's still in pretty decent shape.  The corners are slightly mashed, but the amount of tape on the box is definitely helping.  We might very well get through the entire junk box round without needing a new box.

27923389702_1574387929_c.jpg

27923389432_139bb990a0_c.jpg

Goodness awaits inside...

First up -- the box itself!  Overall, it's still in pretty decent shape.  The corners are slightly mashed, but the amount of tape on the box is definitely helping.  We might very well get through the entire junk box round without needing a new box.

27923389702_1574387929_c.jpg

27923389432_139bb990a0_c.jpg

Goodness awaits inside...

when I first receiced it from Willie I noticed he taped the corner seam really well  

the box is in great shape ... do not cover the bar code with stickers to much ... I see a couple of close ones (namely intellivision one on top) ...should be ok though  :vulcan_salute:

Earlier this week in chat, I mentioned that there ought to be room in the box for some nice gold bullion, and that Rowsdower70 should feel free to slip some in, you know, as a gesture of goodwill.  So I open the box, and...

27923388932_709f591a68_c.jpg

Is it?  Could it be?!  Wait, why does one of our cats seem extra interested in the box?

27411692973_cc551de4b2.jpg

No gold.  Just gold-wrapped chicken(?) BOUILLON.

28025939195_7910e128e3_z.jpg

Pac-Man can have it.