Atari I/O Retro Junk Box V: The Retro Strikes Back!

Oh, one more thing -- there was something in the box that was making a low beeping/buzzing noise.  Fortunately it didn't alert any postal employees along the way!  Anyway, turns out it was super low batteries causing the death knell sound.  I took 'em out of what they were in, trashed 'em, and dropped two new AA batteries into the box.  If you take the thing that uses the batteries (it's unboxed), also take the donated batteries.

Wow, nice selections on the flashback and the Gameboy advance multicart, I see something on the lower left hand corner that looks like an Atari joystick, is that a keychain or something else? Can't tell

Earlier upthread, chas10e mentioned that it comes from a Trivial Pursuit board game.  It's the "Pop Culture" version, I think.  Pretty neat.

Oh, one more thing -- there was something in the box that was making a low beeping/buzzing noise. Fortunately it didn't alert any postal employees along the way! Anyway, turns out it was super low batteries causing the death knell sound. I took 'em out of what they were in, trashed 'em, and dropped two new AA batteries into the box. If you take the thing that uses the batteries (it's unboxed), also take the donated batteries.

I'm glad you said that was afraid when it comes this way, they might think it's some bomb, but you know how things are nowadays with packages

I'm surprised that a whole flashback system can fit in the junk box!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I'm surprised that a whole flashback system can fit in the junk box!

<Hint> That's why I had to pull out some of the chaff.  I figured if someone fit a Genesis  and a Timex Sinclair computer (still my favorite junk box item of all time by the way) in there, a flashback would fit.  See, we inspire each other!

when I first receiced it from Willie I noticed he taped the corner seam really well  

the box is in great shape ... do not cover the bar code with stickers to much ... I see a couple of close ones (namely intellivision one on top) ...should be ok though  :vulcan_salute:

That bar code is not for shipping, its for inventory of the boxes.  

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

As promised to Phil the nosweargamer, pictures of the fixed carts.  Yes, I did unscrew through the labels.  But I've never had good luck removing labels that aren't Parker Brothers or Activision.  Especially the Atari silver labels -- they are impossible to get off without damage. The end labels came off with heat from a hair dryer.

Lost Luggage, as mentioned earlier, had broken plastic pins inside, so the board would not stay in place.  I used an electrical wire nut as a spacer.  Good as new.  Stargate had a broken back half of the casing.  I stole the back from a donor "Defender" cart I had which had no board within. 

Thanks again for putting these in the junk box....they are now permanent members of my 2600 collection.  I love em.

post-41-0-73870300-1467602598_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-71157700-1467602602_thumb.jpg

It has arrived!!! Just picked this up from the post office, will be doing unpacking as soon as I get home this evening, I'll keep you guys posted! By the way, nice decorations overall

Looking forward to seeing all the deco and what you took out!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

This is what I picked from the junk box

Atari 2600

Sky Jinks

Raiders of the lost ark

Summer games

Amidar, CIB????

Colecovision

Victory

Intellivision

Space battle, blue box

I have one of these in a red box, are there any differences between the 2? Either way it's still cool to have different versions

Gba, Atari anniversary advance

Some Atari 5200 manuals

Centipede

Pac man

Colecovision dk manual

Atari 5200 brochure, pretty cool

This radio shack LCD game, haven't seen one of these, works great, pretty basic, way better than those tiger games????

Some ninja turtle action figures, even though I had another one of these, now he has found his lost brother!

Also I picked up this GIjoe cartoon DVD, I'll probably give this to a coworker, he likes this stuff

A voltron action figure/stamp

A 2600 magnet/sticker, not sure but cool nevertheless

Last thing is this Nintendo guide,can't compare it to the official Nintendo one, but I found this interesting to collect, so I picked it up.

See attached pictures, I have stuffed the box with good junk for the next in line, it will be going to AtariBrian tomorrow

post-432-0-41601300-1467763958_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-22111900-1467763979_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-63250100-1467764015_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-68951800-1467764042_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-05168100-1467764069_thumb.jpg

Heads-up on that Atari 2600 logo sticker thing: it's got all-weather automotive-grade tape on the back, so you can stick it on your car as a badge/emblem.  So don't go sticking it to anything you might want to pull it off of later!  ^_^

Excellent haul... just a few more stops to make now!

I dig that Sonic Sea Battle!

As for your Space Battle question, I am told that the blue version (the later version) in addition to making it the same color as the rest of their "Space Action Network" also toned down the difficulty. I haven't play tested that theory. 

Nice picks! :)

Archived