Billboard: RZA Teams Up With Atari to Compose New Album Inspired by Video Game Music

Ballblaɀer

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7416404/rza-atari-album-video-game-music-exclusive

RZA is adding another bullet point to his lengthy resume with a new partnership with Atari, Billboard can exclusively report. The Wu-Tang Clan rapper/producer, actor and video game fanatic will be recording an album chock-full of original tracks inspired by the sounds of Atari game music.

“We are thrilled to partner with RZA, one of the greatest hip-hop producers of all time,” adds Fred Chesnais, the chief executive officer of Atari. “RZA is a multi-talented artist and soundtrack virtuoso and we cannot wait to hear the new tracks he creates based on Atari’s iconic video game sounds and music.”

For the forthcoming album, RZA will spearhead production with Atari's Chesnais and Stephen Belafonte serving as executive producers. More details about the project will be announced at a later date.

I feel like this has equal chances of being either amazing or a huge disappointment.  Here's hoping it's cool.

Vaguely related, this is a good opportunity to share my favorite retro gaming mashup track.  It's a simple A + B mashup but still, I like it.

Archived