Justin

Dig Dug

it's been a favorite of mine since it came out in the arcades as a kid. I had the 2600 version, 5200 version, 7800 version and the close, but not exact to 5200, 8-bit version. My favorite was the 7800 version until there was a remake of the 8-bit version, i think it was with the release of the XEGS, or maybe it was a better disk version or whatever, but that one edged out the 7800 for me because the graphics where better (than original 8-bit) and of course the Pokey sound is better. 

I had this game for the 5200.  I still have it.  I am working on getting it for the 2600 and 7800 consoles.  It would be interesting to see this game get a revamp with bumped-up graphics.  Just sayin'.

I believe the made some remixes on some of the Namco Museum collections.

Did you know that Dig Dug is the father of Mr. Driller? He also used to be married to the main character from the Japanese arcade game Baraduke, but they got divorced. So Dig Dug might be the first divorced video game character.

Well, gee, I bet it is because Dig Dug didn't make enough money at work to satisfy the Mrs.  :rofl:  I'm not going to say what I had in mind next because I don't want to be banned from the site.

Dig Dug was an arcade favorite of mine and I loved both the 2600 and 7800 versions.  The 5200 version is also excellent, particularly because of the sound effects and music being more arcade-accurate.  I don't even remember seeing Pooka in Pole Position!  I must have been too busy crashing on the sign!  LOL