Atari I/O Retro Junk Box VI: Return of the Junk

Good stuff man!   And Mrs Rowsdower was afraid nobody would get the coasters. ;)

Are you kidding? I would have grabbed those it a heartbeat! Very cool!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

For the record.  I have NO idea what the mystery cart is.   I know it was tested at some point or I wouldn't still have it, but I decided not to look so I'd be just as surprised as everyone else.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Same here

No pressure or anything, but that vacation of mine is coming up fast. My apologies in advance if I cause a delay in the junk box schedule.

Hopefully the box will beat it, but if not its no biggie.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Tracking on the box shows it should get here on Monday.  My plane to take Jr. back to school leaves on Tuesday, so that should give me time to get it packed up and shipped!  Whew!  We're relying on the USPS here, which is always dicey.  So I apologize in advance if the timing does not work out. 

Not a problem, and grats on 3k posts!  Nanner level poster :)

I have yet to fire up the mystery cart as I'm out of town till Wednesday, I'll take a shot later in the week

@Rowsdower: Maybe you can get the Mrs to make a Space Invaders set sometime? I'm half tempted to sew one of these on my jacket as a makeshift patch!

She's almost done with a Space Invaders set.  ;)   Pics to come.

The junk box has arrived!  I will open it up a little later tonight.  I arrived home from work to find a call from the bank that my Visa card had been fraudulated.  Did I mention I'm leaving on a plane tomorrow....now with no Visa card?  Sigh.  That was stressful, but I'm looking forward to opening this box a little later!

The junk box has arrived!  I will open it up a little later tonight.  I arrived home from work to find a call from the bank that my Visa card had been fraudulated.  Did I mention I'm leaving on a plane tomorrow....now with no Visa card?  Sigh.  That was stressful, but I'm looking forward to opening this box a little later!

That really stinks about the Visa, hopefully you'll find some goodies you like! 

I must commend another excellent junk box.  WOW! 

I arrived home today to THREE packages.  Junk box, a trade from AtariBrian (thank you sir), and an ebay China purchase (hint - it's an item needed to hack an xbox).

post-41-0-32962500-1471922173_thumb.jpg

Junk box is in decent shape, but has a divot on one side.  Duct tape was a nice touch.  Tim the Toolman Taylor approves.

post-41-0-28398500-1471922176_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-29415900-1471922178_thumb.jpg

And here is the good junk I took out. 

post-41-0-20465200-1471922182_thumb.jpg

• PS2 Resident Evil 4 (I think this is Greenween approved, so I'm going to try it)  Once done, back in the junk box!
  • Lawnmower Man for N64.  This oughta be "good".
  • A very cool looking pong game. 
  • A plastic sleeve with 4 Atari computer floppies
  • Home Pack for Atari computer (by Batteries Included -- I forgot about them!) 
  • A Casio mini-TV!  I hope I can attach an Atari to this somehow.
  • PS2 Sly Cooper
  • Xbox Tennis
  • Xbox Live Demo Disc

The junk box has been Tetris'ed back up with replacement junk and sent on it's way! 

I must commend another excellent junk box.  WOW! 

I arrived home today to THREE packages.  Junk box, a trade from AtariBrian (thank you sir), and an ebay China purchase (hint - it's an item needed to hack an xbox).

attachicon.gifjunk box 2016-08-22 001.JPG

Junk box is in decent shape, but has a divot on one side.  Duct tape was a nice touch.  Tim the Toolman Taylor approves.

attachicon.gifjunk box 2016-08-22 002.JPG

attachicon.gifjunk box 2016-08-22 003.JPG

attachicon.gifjunk box 2016-08-22 005.JPG

• PS2 Resident Evil 4 (I think this is Greenween approved, so I'm going to try it)  Once done, back in the junk box!
  • Lawnmower Man for N64.  This oughta be "good".
  • A Casio mini-TV!  I hope I can attach an Atari to this somehow.
  • PS2 Sly Cooper
  • Xbox Tennis
  • Xbox Live Demo Disc

The junk box has been Tetris'ed back up with replacement junk and sent on it's way! 

I was hoping someone could put that Casio TV to good use.   It does have an AV in ;)

Nice junk, RickR!

I must commend another excellent junk box. WOW!

I arrived home today to THREE packages. Junk box, a trade from AtariBrian (thank you sir), and an ebay China purchase (hint - it's an item needed to hack an xbox).

junk box 2016-08-22 001.JPG

Junk box is in decent shape, but has a divot on one side. Duct tape was a nice touch. Tim the Toolman Taylor approves.

junk box 2016-08-22 002.JPG

junk box 2016-08-22 003.JPG

junk box 2016-08-22 005.JPG

• PS2 Resident Evil 4 (I think this is Greenween approved, so I'm going to try it) Once done, back in the junk box!
  • Lawnmower Man for N64. This oughta be "good".
  • A Casio mini-TV! I hope I can attach an Atari to this somehow.
  • PS2 Sly Cooper
  • Xbox Tennis
  • Xbox Live Demo Disc
By the way Rick, that lawnmower man game looks more like a super famicom or pal super nes game, unless I'm mistaken Edited by correagonzalez

HOLY CRAP you guys!  Look!  I know the picture is a little blurry, but it's razor sharp in real life.  This is why we keep a box full of odds/ends/cables. 

I think if I buy a cable like jmjustin6 bought for his CRT-TV, I could get RF working and an Atari hooked up.

Now that is cool :)