ATARI I/O Open House! - Howard Scott Warshaw Day 2016

Invite your friends to join the Atari I/O Forums on Saturday, July 30, 2016 for a day of Atari fun & festivities!  

ATARI 2600 HIGH SCORE CONTEST

We will have a special Atari 2600 High Score Challenge going on throughout the day. A popular Atari 2600 game will be posted as a challenge, and players can compete against each other to submit new high scores until 11:59pm EST (don't worry, if you don't have an Atari 2600 you can use an emulator, Flashback, or play online!) The game will be announced on the day of the Open House.

HOWARD SCOTT WARSAW DAY 

July 30th is Howard Scott Warshaw Day 2016! Howard was a game designer at Atari who was responsible for creating some of the 2600’s most memorable titles. Howard’s birthday is July 30th. We’ve chosen this day every year to celebrate Howard’s creations as one of Atari’s most prolific game designers. This year btbfilms76 will debut a new special Howard Scott Warshaw themed video during our Open House.

LIVE ATARI CHAT ROOM

Atari Chat will be active throughout the day and into the night. Join our friendly retrogaming community to share your love of classic video games, tv, movies, and more!

JOIN OUR EVENT ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/events/145477212545088/

post-7-0-16305700-1438263196.jpg

ET really isn't that bad , even though fashonable to h8 on it.

much more enjoyable after seeing this video. but like any game may result in throwing the controller.

my guess would be Yars Revenge  ... Raiders is a frustrating puzzle game as well ( no spoilers ) ... them Tsetse flies are the worst !!!!

... Raiders is a frustrating puzzle game as well ( no spoilers ) ... them Tsetse flies are the worst !!!!

How about that horrid snake that disappears into the background, yet still can take a life.  Let's just say this gamer thinks Raiders is worse than ET. 

How about that horrid snake that disappears into the background, yet still can take a life.  Let's just say this gamer thinks Raiders is worse than ET. 

Let me check the rankings..... I have E.T. at 41 and Raiders at 61.....so I totally agree with you!

I really appreciate what he was trying to do with Raiders, but I had a lot more fun with E.T.

:et: > :indiana_jones:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

ET really isn't that bad , even though fashonable to h8 on it.

much more enjoyable after seeing this video. but like any game may result in throwing the controller.

my guess would be Yars Revenge  ... Raiders is a frustrating puzzle game as well ( no spoilers ) ... them Tsetse flies are the worst !!!!

Just to be clear, I never really cared for E.T. well before it became the cool thing to hate on and I don't even really hate it, I just don't want it to be the high score game lol

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Sharing your Facebook post....lets get some new folks to join in the fun.

Thank you Rick! Sharing the event is what the open house is all about! It feels like everybody who found their way here have turned out to be exceptional people and that's made this a special community. We're all nice people, genuinely into classic gaming without trolling or flame wars. The open house gives us all a chance to think about what other truly awesome retro gamers we know and bring them into our community.

Let me check the rankings..... I have E.T. at 41 and Raiders at 61.....so I totally agree with you!

I really appreciate what he was trying to do with Raiders, but I had a lot more fun with E.T.

You're all blasphemers, but I liked em both. :)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

I love Atari and Yar's Revenge, E.T., and Raiders are Atari games.  I like 'em all.  If I can't figure something out in a game I will take a break, do some research online (did you know Google was Atari's friend?) and try again.  If it was too easy then the games wouldn't be any good at all.  I still say ET is better than most let on.  Then again I also think the 5200 is a remarkable gaming console, too. ;)  Just saying.

Archived