Adventure (Review, Easter Egg & More)

nosweargamer

Misadventure Revised is probably my favorite hack, as it expands the Kingdom more than any other that I've played. (Never mind that the guy misspelled the title as Missadventure. It's the game that counts, right?)

Of course, that's if you don't want to get DOSBox and Indenture, and play Game 5, with its hundreds of rooms. Awesome, I tell ya!

from my master list of Atari 2600 homebrews/hacks:

1 Adventure 2 Many

Adventure 1K (demake)

Adventure34

Adventure4WI

Adventure Country

Adventure Hell

Adventure Plus - you have

Adventure SI

Adventure w/ hot air balloon

Adventure w/ invisible dragons

Adventure w/ multicolor sprites

Alternate Adventure

Another Adventure - you have

Back to the Future II Adventure

Bedraggled

Dragon Attack

Drakon Croisade

Duck Attack  - you have

Epic Adventure - you have

Evil Magician Returns

Exorcise

Haunted Adventure: Boo!

Haunted Adventure II: Redemption

Haunted Adventure Trilogy

Magic Show

Missadventure Revised

Suicide Adventure

Suicide Adventure II

Suicide Adventure III

Undersea Adventure

Zelda

(bold print are titles that were actually printed/made in cart form)

Wow I guess there are a lot of games to keep me busy for a while!

Wow I guess there are a lot of games to keep me busy for a while!

If you need links - let me know.

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I love Adventure, and it's must play for me every time I fire up my 7800, my Flashback, or Atari's Greatest Hits on my DS. Can't get enough of this game!

My daughter always calls the hero "Mr Dot," and says that he's Link's grandfather. I kind of suggested the premise of the game being similar to Zelda to get her to try the game out, and now she's as hooked as I am on it :-)

Thanks to all who posted links to hacks and variations as well; I'll definitely check those out!

Feel free to link the hell out of me,  I'm going to try to find as many carts of these as I can, but whatever isn't on cart can go on my harmony!

Did I PM you the link to my homebrew spreadsheet?

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I think people on this thread will be interested in this.  Atari Adventure was ported to C++ and I've modified it (blasphemy, I know) to be an internet-based, multiplayer game.  You can see the concept in this promo video.  

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-04%20at%202.12.5

If anyone is interested, I desperately need some beta testers.

Edited by ro.anders

I wrote to this forum a year ago asking for help rebooting Atari Adventure.  My crazy idea: 2 or 3 players connecting over the internet playing Atari Adventure.  First one to get the chalice back to their castle wins.  Maybe it was silly, writing a video game in 2018 with 8 bit graphics, but Adventure was magical, and the readers of this forum who volunteered for beta-testing all agree.  The result is SO fun to play.

It’s released now, and I hope you’ll give it a try.

h2hadventure.com

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-04%20at%202.12.5