Atari 7800 Arcade Joystick

Justin

Is this not the coolest thing you've ever seen? They're hand-made arcade sticks for the Atari 7800 made by a user over at Atari Age. Looks like he did a fantastic job! It says he's asking $200 plus $17 Priority Mail, but the quality certainly shows. Like most other 7800 accessories, the arcade sticks are also compatible with the Atari 2600, XE, 8-Bit computer line, etc.

Features include:

• Aluminum Case
  • Leaf-switch buttons
  • Modified Sanwa JLF 8-way joystick with circle restrictor, silent switches, heavy spring
  • Aluminum ball top
  • Polycarbonate laminated overlay
  • 9 foot replaceable cord

Link: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231679-7800-arcade-joystick-sale/

Atari_7800_arcade_stick.jpg

Beautiful stick! I see a lot of people on the facebook post for this stick bitching about the $200 the guys asking, and I don't think that's very fair criticism. Most decent arcade sticks go for about that much, and if it's a Sanwa stick and looks like good components then I'm sure the parts cost alone comes pretty close to what he's asking. Not to mention the time put into the sweet graphic on top, plus wiring up that mother. I don't know the guy and I don't feel a need to defend him, but I see all the criticism on facebook and I think it's just really misinformed. But dude can you imagine what it must like to play Ms. Pac-Man with that arcade stick?

@Yo-Yo I think Atari people are just used to things being $20. It's not too often that anything ever costs more than that, other than a system. Maybe a home brew or something. In a lot of people's minds an Atari joystick should cost a few bucks, so $200 can seem outrageous. But pitch that stick to any Otaku and they'd be over the moon about it!

Beautiful stick! I see a lot of people on the facebook post for this stick bitching about the $200 the guys asking, and I don't think that's very fair criticism. Most decent arcade sticks go for about that much, and if it's a Sanwa stick and looks like good components then I'm sure the parts cost alone comes pretty close to what he's asking. Not to mention the time put into the sweet graphic on top, plus wiring up that mother. I don't know the guy and I don't feel a need to defend him, but I see all the criticism on facebook and I think it's just really misinformed. But dude can you imagine what it must like to play Ms. Pac-Man with that arcade stick?

You are so right.  This thing looks top of the line all the way.  And that costs money.  But well worth it if you want something that sweet. 

You are so right.  This thing looks top of the line all the way.  And that costs money.  But well worth it if you want something that sweet. 

I couldn't have said it better myself! Top of the line all the way.

Is this not the coolest thing you've ever seen?

I think he graphic you posted to Facebook was pretty cool too! He should use this.

post-45-0-30470000-1421713938_thumb.png

Archived