Crystal Pepsi

Zontar

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Does Crystal Pepsi Taste Like To You?

• Like a Cola
    • Like a Sprite or 7-Up
    • Like a Mystery wrapped in an Enigma surrounded by a Puzzle

I didn't mind Crystal Pepsi during it's original run, although I'm sure I liked it more for the novelty factor.

I was lucky enough to find Ecto Cooler, but it didn't seem as good to me as it was when I first became addicted to it, when it was known as Citrus Cooler. It would come in the big aluminum (tin?) can that had to have two holes popped in the top in order to pour it out.

I miss New York Seltzers and Zeltzer Seltzer. :)

What I really miss, kid you not, is 7-Up Gold.

Oh man, I wish they would re-release it, even in a limited run.

7-up-gold.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

My buddy works at Pepsi and let me know the same day he delivered them to a local Speedway.  They were priced for 2 for $3 or $1.50 each. To be honest, I would much rather have had the Pepsi Perfect but they were limited qty and he couldn't get his hands on one. I've seen those on eBay for ridiculous amounts upwards of $170. While this is no Pepsi Perfect, it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happens here and people end up listing Crystal Pepsi and actually selling them for $10-$20 a bottle because for some strange reason, there seems to be a cult following for what seems to be imo just an 'ok' drink, which is very passable.

I'm a Coke drinker so Pepsi isn't exactly a soda choice by default but I'm not against it entirely, I'll definitely drink it and while it's not Coke, Pepsi is a good alternative if either Coke or Dr. Pepper isn't available. Crystal Pepsi reminds me more of a spinoff of the white Mountain Dew, no idea what the name of it is, as I'm not a Mt. Dew fan at all, just as I'm not a fan of this. It's ok and cool for the fact that they brought it back but in the end, I think it would have been cooler for them to just make the Pepsi Perfect a normally sold Pepsi item instead of a limited edition run since the only thing you're really changing is the packaging that people are willing to pay for and leave Crystal Pepsi where it belongs back in 1992/3.

It does have a lot of caffeine and the upside is that it's a clear so with the need for the unnecessary coloring that sodas have. I may buy just a few more before they are completely gone but probably not because I'm dying to drink it again.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

here's some of my favs.....

1st - Big Shot Pina Colada (Big Shot is a New Orleans soft drink company) - in my collection

2nd - Lipton Iced Tea (before they changed it to "Brisk")

3rd - Dr. Pepper Vanilla Float (available Summer 2014 & 2015 only & frozen at Taco Bell Summer 2015 only) - in my collection

I've been pushing Big Shot to bring back the Pina Colada. They haven't "shot" down the idea yet.

post-52-0-22919700-1470618106_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-22577000-1470618184_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-94791900-1470618469.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

NOTE: As of this morning there were THREE different threads on Crystal Pepsi. I have merged them into one. Thanks!

That means it had more threads than people that actually drank it during its initial release. ;)

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

While cleaning out the storage unit after the floods, I found my 1992 Crystal Pepsi bottle............

post-52-0-18250800-1472733296_thumb.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Orbitz!! I wish they bring that back. I drank it all the time in High School back in the late 90's.

I'm still amazed wow the pellets are still floating in the bottles after 19 years!

What the heck are those pellets?

Gelatin pellets they claim.