Thousands of free Amiga games added to vast online collection

Justin

bubble.0.jpg

The Internet Archive, a repository of old software and games that can be played inside a browser, has uploaded more than 2,000 games from the '80s and '90s era of the Commodore Amiga.

The collection, playable for free on PC, includes such fun classics as Bubble Bobble, Xenon 2 Megablast, Treasure Island Dizzy, Battle Command, Nebulus, Silent Service, R-Type and PacMania.

The 16-bit Amiga computer was launched in 1985 and enjoyed enormous success for more than a decade, spawning a lively creative and games scene, before being eclipsed by the rise of Windows PCs and advanced consoles.

The Internet Archive features thousands of playable programs from various platforms including MS-DOS and classic PC era, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis and more.

Source: Internet Archive

From The Verge:

You can now play more than 2,000 Amiga games in your browser

All for free, courtesy of Internet Archive

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/9/12410620/play-amiga-games-online-free-internet-archive

Remember pal, nosteigia is a powerful drug, I think the best subjective approach to playing all the old stuff to play them in the context you remembered playing by at the time, I know as you do that many games that were multi format were always different from one another and yes if they were released today they'd be taken out back and shot dead , but for me the trip back isn't just about the game it also transports me back to what the time was like, the clothing, the shows on telly movies in the cinema etc. this is why I love them so much as it is all connected to all of why we loved this stuff to begin with

So don't let it spoil your memory regardless, play them for the " what you were doing in them days and what was it like with hanging out in malls with your friends etc.." I think you'll be more surprised or maybe you won't lol and yes there was a lot of turkeys out there, but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

Archived