Famicom Joust prototype discovered

MaximumRD

Famicom Joust prototype discovered !

This could be the first code Satoru Iwata ever wrote for Nintendo
Gaming historian pieces together a puzzle found inside a few old bits of silicon.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/16/12502364/this-could-be-the-first-code-satoru-iwata-ever-wrote-for-nintendo

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

If there are Satoru Iwata Joust prototypes for the Famicom, they would have been quite early (Q1 or Q2 1983) and would have been one of the demos Nintendo made to show off the Famicom to Atari when they were in talks to license worldwide Famicom rights to Atari outside of Japan. Centipede was another.

I also can't help but think how insane it is that Atari engineers had their hands on a Nintendo d-pad controller before anything was written in stone with the 7800 and still chose to ship it with the Pro-Line joystick.

If there are Satoru Iwata Joust prototypes for the Famicom, they would have been quite early (Q1 or Q2 1983) and would have been one of the demos Nintendo made to show off the Famicom to Atari when they were in talks to license worldwide Famicom rights to Atari outside of Japan. Centipede was another.

I also can't help but think how insane it is that Atari engineers had their hands on a Nintendo d-pad controller before anything was written in stone with the 7800 and still chose to ship it with the Pro-Line joystick.

Exactly! Then again, the D-Pad they did end up shipping wasn't exactly the best from what many have said but personally I enjoy it more.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Archived