Zaku - One. Last. Time.

Sabertooth

Zaku by Super Fighter Team is one of the best games available on the Lynx.  It has great gameplay and amazing production for a "homebrew" and outshines most retail releases.  The problem is that only 600 copies were produced and they've been sold out for a couple of years.  This means that the only way to play Zaku has been to pay eBay scalper prices. The Lynx players who missed out around the globe let out a cry.  Fortunately, Super Fighter Team answered their call.  Today, they announced that they are going to do a second run of 400 copies of Zaku.  The price is $58 shipped in the U.S., $65 worldwide.  All of the details are here:   http://www.zaku-lynx.com/purchase.htm

I am not at all affiliated with SFT.  I just think that Zaku is an AMAZING game and want to get the word out.  If you're into Lynx, you owe it to yourself to grab a copy.  Check out this youtube video (not mine) and judge for yourself.

Edited by atarilbc

Thanks for posting this atarilbc! Zaku is one of my absolute favorite homebrews of any platform. I'm thrilled to see a second run of 400 copies made available! This is a personal favorite, if you're even remotely into Atari Lynx I highly recommend getting your hands on a copy of Zaku.

The character looks a bit like Sonic but the game plays kinda like Air Zonk. It feels like an arcade shmup of that era. Atari I/O isn't affiliated with SFT either but I love the game and they do incredible work. Happy to get the word out.

:atari_lynx:

That is very tempting. The only thing holding me back is the high price and the fact that they won't ship for possibly 2 years.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube