The Day After Movie

Atari 5200 Guy

The Day After was a much talked about TV event when it was released. This was in the days when television networks still had a "Movie of the Week" and promoted critically-acclaimed miniseries like Roots and The Thorn Birds.

The Day After was directed by Nicholas Meyer who directed Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, and is involved in the upcoming limited series Star Trek: Discovery. The Day After was also referenced in an episode of The Americans which aired this season and served as the episode title.

One game that I do have that somewhat puzzles me is Silent Service by Microprose.  It is astounding how much information they gathered to make the game.  The manual is more like reading a book than instructions to play the game.  But it is very deep in detail which is something to appreciate.

A C64 game needed weapon release codes?  Real ones???  That's creepy.

I remember vividly when this first aired. I didn't watch it the first time but I remember the controversy & being a little freaked out by the commercials. I finally caught it on a re-air in 1989 & it was pretty scary. I watched it on DVD a couple years ago & yup, still scary (even with the dated special effects).

Archived