Jr. Pac-Man for INTV

Arenafoot

It *is* an amazing thing to find...on Craigslist no less.  And the game looks really great.  Kind of like how Intellivision Pac Man took third place in my blog comparison of Pac Man games...this one just looks fantastic.  I think the Intellivision was capable of a lot more than we give it credit for. 

One disturbing thing though, is the snark and negative vibe over on that other board for the post.  Is it just me that feels it? 

In any case, this person found something really really cool.  And I thank you for posting this here. 

One disturbing thing though, is the snark and negative vibe over on that other board for the post.  Is it just me that feels it? 

In any case, this person found something really really cool.  And I thank you for posting this here. 

Yes it is pretty common and a acquired "taste" lol. Seriously, when I tell people about the supportive, helpful, friendly vibe here on our site I mean it, when I say that this site truly is "special" I mean that to. In all my years I have found classic gaming related forums and groups to pretty much be like Atariage (some slightly better, some even worse!) it is something over the years I just learned to accept as a means to an end but you do have to be ready to do some heavy ignoring of certain people or learn to give it back. When I am here I am certainly less "on guard"  then I am on other related sites and that is a good thing. We may be small but we have something unlike any other site here. I will tell you though without wanting to spark any cross forums drama that yes, to a outsider and non regular visitor AA can certainly seem abrasive at times, I have learned to accept it over the years and just use it for the good info and for the still good people there (there really are many including Albert himself) so I make exceptions to maintain my place on AA. I will say though RickR, in the case of that particular thread, had you known the long history, the fellow who made that particular awesome find has certainly done himself no favours on several occasion over the years :rofl: , trust me he has pulled some attitude and stunts over the years that have pushed at least a few people to put him on "ignore", so while I am impressed and happy with his find if he is getting a little flack or ribbing over it I would say it is pretty much "karma" at this point. ;)  . 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

It *is* an amazing thing to find...on Craigslist no less.  And the game looks really great.  Kind of like how Intellivision Pac Man took third place in my blog comparison of Pac Man games...this one just looks fantastic.  I think the Intellivision was capable of a lot more than we give it credit for. 

Yeah, I wasn't sure what was going on with that and I don't really want to know.  I'll stick to Atari.IO thanks.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Sorry guys I just found out it was a hoax of a prototype. Instead, it's a homebrew that "Eric7100" made and concocted a story to release his game for the INTV.  :wreck-it-ralph:

Very bad taste IMO. 

as I posted on AA - " "Eric 7100" your online credibility just went way down..........."

I say we join together and boycott his website, if and when he releases his game.  :Nolan_Bushnell:

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Sorry guys I just found out it was a hoax of a prototype. Instead, it's a homebrew that "Eric7100" made and concocted a story to release his game for the INTV.  :wreck-it-ralph:

Very bad taste IMO. 

as I posted on AA - " "Eric 7100" your online credibility just went way down..........."

I say we join together and boycott his website, if and when he releases his game.  :Nolan_Bushnell:

Not your fault Arenafoot. Don't feel bad. You reported what was going on as it was happening to the best of your ability. You posted newsworthy info without linking offsite and forcing everybody to go elsewhere and leave the safety of Atari I/O. You provided an update when you had new information. We all very much appreciate this.

Note: The topic title has been edited to remove "AtariSoft" and "New Game Discovered".

@Arenafoot, don't sweat it man, was not that long ago I posted something similar and was similarly "duped"  :(

Just solidifies everything I said in post #4. Eric and others involved think that kind of thing is hilarious, I do not. Even after all my years and experience on AA I still fall for it myself I guess because it is not the type of thing I would personally do, not the kind of thing I find amusing so I guess I am still not expecting anyone to do such things. That said I cannot say I am surprised in the least and really I should of known better considering Eric was making the claim, I mean considering what I know of him and my personal opinion what are the odds HE all of people would legit discover such a thing?  :P

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

"Smugness" is a good choice of word. It's very off-putting.

Thumbs up to Arenafoot for posting his disappointment over there. They turn into sharks quickly. That took guts.

My words are too harsh and I apologize.  To be more clear...I've been an AA member for many years, and it can be intimidating.  I don't feel comfortable expressing my opinion over there so easily, as I've been ganged up on before and there is no protection.  I've seen the same on Facebook groups, so not singling out AA. 

As I've stated below:  I had the chance to play the game and it was excellent.  I just did not like the marketing trick.  That is all.  Peace. 

Edited by RickR

And with that let's all just move on please, Atariage is what it is and we are what we are, no more venting and going on about it, it is done and nothing has changed at least in that once again we see the difference between sites, let's be the better and move on. As I said originally my intent was not cross forum drama but clarification, we can all choose what dealings we do or do not have with AA, they spun it as a marketing joke and it is typical for those involved, I don't have to like it, I don't but it is what it is. I think whenever we see such threads on AA we merely need to be on guard and take it with a large grain of salt and see how it plays out. This is how I have been cautious since that time I fell for something similar a while back. A leopard does not change it's spots and we have some connections with AA so no need to add any more fuel at this point.  :beer:

- M. Bison

Just solidifies everything I said in post #4. Eric and others involved think that kind of thing is hilarious, I do not. Even after all my years and experience on AA I still fall for it myself I guess because it is not the type of thing I would personally do, not the kind of thing I find amusing so I guess I am still not expecting anyone to do such things. That said I cannot say I am surprised in the least and really I should of known better considering Eric was making the claim, I mean considering what I know of him and my personal opinion what are the odds HE all of people would legit discover such a thing?  :P

Proud to say I have no idea who "Eric" is because we have our walls up and don't let that sort of drama in here. Keep Atari I/O Beautiful  :emoji-E420:

Keep Atari I/O Beautiful  :emoji-E420:

Party On!  :spot:  :martini:  :beer:

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Hey guys. Wanted to drop by and say Hi.

The Jr Pac "hoax" was 100% my idea, based on what I heard about someone did with some Jr Pac game on 7800 a few years back.

This was not Endorsed in any way by Atari Age/Albert.

I put Eric up to this as well. Please don't blame him. ;-)

Should I have revealed a new homebrew release in this manner? Good question.

It was meant as a fun thing to do, almost an inside joke if you will with the Intv/AA regulars. Which is why the title wasn't something to the effect of "jr pac holy grail proto".

No one was meant to have their intelligence insulted in any way. The "hoax" was always meant to be revealed after a few days and at least not dragged out for weeks.

Anyway, apologies to anyone I've offended by my actions. This was never meant to alienate any Intv fans.

No more pranks of this nature on my end.

Take care.

! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2547-jr-pac-man-for-intv/