Atari I/O Secret Santa 2016!

Justin

So the postman rang the doorbell because my massive Secret Santa gift from Rick arrived and check this out...

post-303-0-21773200-1481398133_thumb.jpg

... A HOOVER WINDTUNNEL PRO!!!!!!

He must have figured between the kids and all my gaming stuff, my house could use a good cleaning!

Thanks Rick! I plan to post an unboxing video later on so that we can all enjoy the wonder that is the Hoover Windtunnel Pro together!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

So the postman rang the doorbell because my massive Secret Santa gift from Rick arrived and check this out...

attachicon.gifIMG_3858.JPG

... A HOOVER WINDTUNNEL PRO!!!!!!

He must have figured between the kids and all my gaming stuff, my house could use a good cleaning!

Thanks Rick! I plan to post an unboxing video later on so that we can all enjoy the wonder that is the Hoover Windtunnel Pro together!

Well that gift sucks! ;)

Looking forward to the unboxing.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

The level of generosity being shown here is astonishing. We have an amazing community and none of this should surprise me. Secret Santa has always been about paying it forward and making a Christmas wish come true for somebody else. That's being done here in spades.

I've gotten to know a lot of you guys personally. Many of us have had things happen in life that get in the way of enjoying our love of classic gaming to its fullest.

Even the most hard working and gainfully employed among us may be in a situation this year where they've put their family before themselves. They make sure their spouse and children get to see their Christmas wishes come true. For some in our community that means their Secret Santa presents may be the only presents they get to open this Christmas.

These sorts of things aren't often posted publicly. The amount of generosity being shown here can really affect somebody in ways you could never imagine.

We have an amazing group of folks here Justin. Great leadership too. Everyone just keep doing what you're doing.

It has been my experience that in our hobby most community's come with trolls and negativity. However here at the IO the love is strong! Giving a small gift only scratches the surface of how kind and giving this community is. At least for me personally, I have felt its amazing effects. I'm glad to be here and better for it in many ways.

Cheers yo!

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

This is just so great to sit back and watch these unboxing videos. It's a cold night, I've got my warm drink, kicked back watching this play out full screen and making a meal out of it. I can't tell you how cool it is to watch this play out the way it has  :100:

:mac_alert: Strong Language <--- Almost forgot this.

HUGE thanks to StormSurge!!!!

​This was an amazing package to unwrap and I couldn't be more pleased with what you picked out bro!!!!

Here is the video. It's a 2 part, me showing what I sent and then me opening what I received (at about 7:05 if you want to FF).

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

THIS COMMUNITY RULES!

https://youtu.be/dfWxOMj6VMI

Totally awesome video dude, great gifts you've got, I'm really surprised about that colecovision joystick!????

:mac_alert: Strong Language <--- Almost forgot this.

HUGE thanks to StormSurge!!!! 

​This was an amazing package to unwrap and I couldn't be more pleased with what you picked out bro!!!! 

Here is the video. It's a 2 part, me showing what I sent and then me opening what I received (at about 7:05 if you want to FF).

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

THIS COMMUNITY RULES!

StormSurge is full of surprises as I have learned.  Very awesome gifts you got...and that goes for all of you guys.  You guys are the best and it has been awesome watching this unfold through the holiday season.  You can bet your bottom dollar that I am participating next year!

@GervGirl, it was me! I thought it was hilarious when I opened your package yesterday. Great minds...

It is a very awesome book. My daughter is an artist and we were looking at it together this morning. I love the industrial design section. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Huge shoutout to Willie over there at Arcade USA! Thanks for the shirt, Jag lable and Championship Rally, if this is anything near as cool as Powerdrive Rally I'm super pumped - my first songbird game.

Merry Christmas everyone!

post-629-0-13738000-1482681179_thumb.jpg

post-629-0-94652700-1482681199_thumb.jpg

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

Thought i would share what i got for secret santa at where i work. I got a walking dead and a NES T shirt.

There is an arcade next to where i work and my secret santa knew i won the pacman in the claw machine so she went and won me the ms. Pacman. She also got me a mario and a pacman figure. I was over joyed

Did any of yall do secret santa where yall work?

That's the same shirt my wife got me for Christmas.  Cool shirt!  I like that Ms. Pac-Man!