Reality Check, a push, and running.

Kid A

Good luck!

That's awesome! You can definitely do it!

I had a similar situation this past March. I had ballooned to my highest weight ever & was sick of it. I hate the gym & the only exercise I get is playing basketball twice a week. The weight gain came from a constant need to snack while gaming.

Anyway, I started tracking my calorie intact, started walking during my lunch break & started the Couch to 5K program. My first "run" (it's basically a walk, with a couple 30 second jogs thrown in) was brutal. I could barely finish. But I kept up with it & nearly finished the 8 weeks before my knee protested too much. I did manage to shed those extra pounds & then some (nearly 40). 

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully that can motivate us to get healthy! There's lots of games to be played!

For the last three and a half months, I have been training for my Half Marathon and as some of you may or may not know because of that was posted on IG, I am so ecstatic to say that I have frnished my half marathon! Just not only finishing it, but finishing it 17 minutes faster than I thought I would!

post-79-0-35367600-1479092258_thumb.jpg

I was so proud of myself to finish this. My brother, who could have left me in the dust, ran along side me the entire time. He was a major source of encouragement, pushing me the entire way.

post-79-0-44118600-1479092906_thumb.jpg

It was such an awesome experience. 13.1 miles of determination and pushing myself to its limits.

When I crossed the finish line, I was filled with so much emotion. I ripped my hat off my head, and yelled out with joy. I gave my brother and hug and started tearing up a bit. I don't think he knew.

I am so proud of myself that I finished and it's most definitely an experience I'll never forget.

post-79-0-19982300-1479094616_thumb.jpg

Edited by KidA0723