Giving Thanks: What does it mean to you to be part of this community?

The Professor

For me it's not about Atari or the games...it's about the friends and family that Atari, and gaming in general, have allowed to come together as one and sharing similar interests for a hobby that is like no other.  The people gathering around to enjoy games, even for just a few minutes, is what Atari was really about.  Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for a bountiful harvest for everyone to enjoy.  Similarly, Atari is about family and friends enjoying a good game either with each other or against each other.  Either way, we all live to see another day once the game battle is done.  I really wish that the rest of the world would settle their differences in a game competition instead of with real-life violence.  

I give thanks for the fact that I am still living to enjoy another day doing whatever the days bring.  Life is too short and it doesn't hurt a thing to stop what you are doing, slow down, and take a moment to enjoy the friends and family around you that love you and who love you in return.  With that being said I am thankful for all of my family that continue to put up with me daily, all of my friends here at Atari.IO and elsewhere (you know who you are) for all of the positive feelings and passion for everything Atari and more, and for Atari who made home video games an industry that is here to stay.  If it wasn't for Atari and video games I would not have the good memories I have of my family members and friends.  I'm not saying that I wouldn't have good memories of other things but those I do have were made while involving a parent in my world which just happened to be video games.  I can never be thankful enough for those times and for those who fed and kept my hobby alive and well.

All of my Atari friends are the best any one could ever ask for.  I am very thankful to have you all a part of my life even if it is just words on a computer screen.  You guys are awesome!  Enjoy this time with family and friends and for those who are traveling I wish you safe travels and safe return.  Not meaning to offend anyone but may God bless everyone of us while we fatten our guts while being surrounded by those we love.  

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Im thinking for the new friends and the new knowledge on game systems ive never heard of and hiw to fix and clean these old game systems

I am especially thankful for the friendliness of all of yall. I have been on other places and when people talk about a game system ive never heard ofthey have called me stupid (and other words) for not knowing about it. I feel yall would never do that

I haven't been active too much recently, but I definitely check in at least 3 times a week to see what's up. This community was really helpful in kickstarting my retro collection. I now have many systems and have spread that collection to audio equipment.

This community is the NICEST online community. None better. It's well moderated and small enough to make it manageable. Thanks for the great community guys! 

Retro obsessed dude

Heh well we already had our Canadian Thanksgiving but still, I am thankful for this site for the awesome supportive people, for the type of community that is different from others as far as the whole feeling and general vibe we have here. Thankful to have a place where we can all appreciate and discuss whatever classic gaming or computing platform that we grew up with or have nostalgia for without it sinking into "platform wars" or which console or computer was "better" endlessly that seems to happen in every other group or forums that are into our hobby. Thankful for the people who took a chance to check us out and stuck around long enough to "get" what sets us apart  ;) lastly very thankful I met Justin and finally decided to become part of the team here, I do not admin or moderate any other place (well besides some Facebook groups I created) but I am glad took a chance to be a moderator here and have no regrets.  :spot:  :beer:

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I'm late as always but very thankful for this site!!I'm a 44 year old dude who never really had many like minded friends growing up in nowhere NC. This place has all the folks I wished I had around me growing up.This is my favorite escape, love the old school guys as well as the new kids just discovering the magic that brought us all here!! The mods, the members, you are all my people! I love this place!!

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."