Northwest Retro Computing And Video Game Club - Portland/Canby, Oregon

kjmann

Hi there. Sal The Kjmann Here. Just wanted to post a blurb about the NW Retro computing and Video Game Club here.

This club was created with the idea of getting together with people that are into Retro Video Games and Computers.
Located in a suburb of the Portland, OR metro area, we are always looking for like minded people with an interest in retro computers and video games.

This group is unique in the fact that it's not so much a group or club, as it is a monthly ''Get Together''. There are no dues or anything like that, Just people having a good time, Reminiscing, Doing Projects, Playing Games and Etc. That's what it's all about.

Here are just a few examples of the systems that are represented on a regular basis:

* Apple (Apple II, IIe, IIc)
* Atari (400, 800, XL, XE and ST series, 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar)
* Commodore (PET, VIC-20, C64, C128, Amiga, CD32, CDTV)
* Texas Instruments (TI 99 Series)
* Sega (SG1000, Master System, Genesis, Etc
* Nintendo (Original NES, Gameboy, Super NES)
* All the various hardware and software that goes with them.

All Classic Computers and Game Systems are welcome here.

Our Meetings Take Place The Second Friday Of Every Month.
The Next Scheduled Meeting Is: February 13th, 2015
A Google Maps Link and a link to our Facebook page is on the site.

Meetings Start At 6pm (I usually Get There at 5pm) and Go Until Midnight.

Here are some Pics from the January 2015 Meeting:
post-142-0-36328700-1423219248_thumb.jpgpost-142-0-13958600-1423219269_thumb.jpg
post-142-0-04540900-1423219278_thumb.jpgpost-142-0-07320500-1423219290_thumb.jpg
Lots More Pics On the Website. =)

Everyone is Welcome. Bring the Kids, the Wife, the Mother-In-Law (Well, maybe not her...)
The point is, the more the merrier. =)

So, Come check it out, even If you're just visiting the area. It's an experience you will never forget. =)

-Sal (Kjmann)

-Sal

Owner / President: Atlantis Games Group

Atari and Amiga Enthusiest.

Happy Valley.  Not far at all.  I take my kids to that Lego store there in Canby pretty often. 

Awesome. hope to see you there on the 13th.

=)

Bring the kids too. we love to see the kids play the systems we bring. reminds us of ourselves when we were that age. LOL

-Sal

Well the February Meeting was a blast. 4 new members and Aaron brought his home smoked pulled pork.

Here a cool group photo that I took while at the meeting. there are more photos on the website.

Club01.jpg

=)

Sal

-Sal

Archived