Greetings from the city of this year's World Series champs!

dauber

Welcome aboard dauber. We are small but growing and most important awesome retro community here. Have a look through our various threads and get to know us I am sure you will soon feel right at home. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Well let me offer my official welcome to the forums.    I am a big fan of the Beatles, and I think Pet Sounds is in the top 10 albums of all time.

I'm the token Intellivision guy in the Atari sea, but they're nice to me anyway ;)

Post, chat, trade, and have fun!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

A BIG World Series welcome to the forums dauber! It's hard to top the way MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 just summarized the forums. This is a special community with a lot happening and a lot of warm, welcoming retro lovers. Music, movies, and everything else from retro life plays a big part in our culture here along with classic gaming. We love sharing podcasts and YouTube videos. Chatting and trading are big here. Most of all we like having a great time. I think you've come to the right place!

Nice to meet you! I am also a music guy, I love the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and Food Fight. I play those instruments you mentioned, albeit horribly.

NJ pizza > Chicago pizza (though I do enjoy it, I used to walk all the way across the large mall in which I worked to go to the Chicago style pizza place). Jury's still out on hot dogs.

Welcome to the forums, co-host of the Pie Factory Podcast that you didn't mention.  :rofl:

Who? ;)

Well, anyways WELCOME!

You should also introduce yourself by busting out the Edladdin Seaguall 78 & Sega Sports Pad and showing them your mad 7800 Centipede skills in this months high score squad challenge!

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2708-squad-challenge-centipede-atari-7800/?do=findComment&comment=27036

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Welcome dauber!

I actually played Food Fight for the first time at the 2014 Houston ArcadeExpo, as they had a full size arcade machine there (see attached pic) And I was hooked too! I had never seen or heard of that game during the 80's.

Got my Vectrex on Christmas 1983 and my Atari 2600jr on Christmas 1986. My best friend lived across the street had a VCS and a INTV, so we had gaming covered.

My handle comes from my first AOL account and love for Arena Football.

Atari 2600 homebrews..... you opened a can of worms with that! I've been working on "The most comprehensive Atari VCS/2600 homebrew list ever compiled" since 2013. Its pretty much a spreadsheet that lists title, programmer, publisher, year, price, genre, links to purchase/download, etc. and includes everything from completed games, WIP's, demos, hacks, ports, conversions, etc. The list will never be finished as I'm updating it on a daily basis and still reviewing and adding games made from 1999-2004.

Love deep dish pizza from there! But we still have the best food on the planet down here in Louisiana!!

Again welcome to Atari.IO!

post-52-0-49514400-1481216509_thumb.jpg

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Dude.....Louisiana...man, all I can say is New Orleans is the most dangerous place to visit if you're trying to watch your weight; oh, man, the po' boys...and the gumbo....

Heh...I loved Food Fight before I ever even played it. September 1983 article in JoyStik got me into it. Never played it until the '90s on Jimmy G's/Inky's Atari 7800...

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

I said it before and I'll say it again...... WELCOME DAUBER!! It's great to have you here! I've listened to the Pie Factory podcast before and thought it was fantabulous. I'm excited that you'll be posting your podcast in here, that's awesome. I love arcade culture. Pie Factory is a great listen! That's something we're really into and want to do more with in the site. Having Pie Factory around will be an awesome addition to the family! It's good to see you here dauber, welcome! :)