The Atari Jaguar 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway

Clint Thompson

For anyone wanting to test enter without the need or requirement of using Facebook:

https://gleam.io/Lfgpy/atari-jaguar-12-days-of-christmas-test

Trying out this platform as it seems like the easiest and best way to randomly select a winner and not be 100% tied with Facebook.

Open to feedback/opinions.

Thanks!

post-181-0-02811100-1481744320_thumb.png

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

I entered the test system.  Looks good to me.  The only suggestion I would make is to allow one entry per person...so instead of one entry for Facebook, one for Twitter, and one for answering a question....just make it an "OR" condition. 

Good suggestion actually, that way multiple people can't have a 1UP over others just for using twitter or facebook - with that said, people are e-mailed a link to share which if clicked on and used by someone else will allow them an additional entry and I haven't looked into a bypass or way around that so, we'll see.

Thanks!

I really like how the randomly pick winner selection works:

attachicon.gifwinner.png

I entered! 

How do we find out if we won or not?..... what is that "See our Drawing Winners Docs."????

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I entered! 

How do we find out if we won or not?..... what is that "See our Drawing Winners Docs."????

Winner Docs is just instructions or examples of how the system picks a winner. They use Random.org to pick truly at random and it goes into detail on how to avoid fake entries, etc.

We'll announce the winner on the Jaguar Facebook page and the winner will receive an e-mail notifying them that they won. We only get to see the first name and first letter of their last name.

So far only 120 entries with 2 hours to go and this one is just a test but real gift is given. Will draw tomorrow.

entered everyday except for the 5th day!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne