The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast

dauber

I guess it's time to make this announcement.

Many -- including myself -- have asked Phil if he planned to cover homebrews in his podcast. Unfortunately, he said no, just the official releases. Well, this is where The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast steps in.

Episode zero is out now and attached to this post. I welcome all feedback. Here are the details:

- E-mail for feedback (text or audio!): homebrew78 -at- fab4it -dot- com

- Twitter: @homebrew78

- Home page/show notes page: homebrew78.fab4it.com

- Available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and maybe a couple of other providers I'm forgetting about.

- And, uhhh....already have a give-away going on...listen for details. :)

Just as Phil would do, I'll post game-related feedback requests on the Atari 7800 forum.

Wish me luck. :)

http://homebrew78.fab4it.com/media/hbh_episode000.mp3

Edited by dauber

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

Does anyone on this forum actually own any 7800 homebrews?

I do! Some of the best experiences on the 7800 are homebrew. In fact, if it weren't for the constant stream of quality homebrew titles, I don't think I would be a big fan of the platform. It's exciting to see more people getting into it with the release of 7800 BASIC. Good luck with the podcast and count me down as a subscriber!

post-65-0-66830700-1481993509_thumb.jpeg

Episode 1 is out!

In the podcast's first full-format episode, we take a look at Ken Siders' treatment of the arcade classic BurgerTime. Walk on burger pieces, then serve them: just as in real life!

Available on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, and the show notes page at homebrew78.fab4it.com.

So I guess it's time for another episode.

Episode 5 takes a look at a supercharged homage to an Intellivision classic. Just make sure you protect your arms from lightsabers.

http://homebrew78.fab4it.com/media/hbh_episode005.mp3

Show notes? Heh. Of course I have 'em -- they're right here!

Say, I realized that I have a game picked out for the April 8 release (Super Pac-Man; there's a feedback thread for that on the 7800 forum), but...nothing planned after that.

Any requests??

Can't do Pac-Man Collection! yet -- need to do a ton of pre-work for that one (and have been working on it already for a couple of months!). I want to save Santa Simon for closer to Christmas.