Deals and Steals

RickR

Found this at a used game shop. Paid $3. It's brand new but smooshed. That it was pretty rad. It's the diskette version.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180307_173008.jpg

That is an awesome find!  I love the Star League sports games.  Football is fun, but baseball is even better. 

PS - for crushed boxes like that, I like to build cardboard forms if at all possible and put them inside the box.  It helps straighten out the crushing over time.  But it can be tricky to work around any inner sleeves and such. 

Edited by RickR

That is an awesome find! I love the Star League sports games. Football is fun, but baseball is even better.

PS - for crushed boxes like that, I like to build cardboard forms if at all possible and put them inside the box. It helps straighten out the crushing over time. But it can be tricky to work around any inner sleeves and such.

It's shrink-wrapped tho. Wish I could do something about it.

post-79-0-09314700-1520472715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kid A

Local game shop sold me a couple NES boxes. They are empty not even any Styrofoam.The others they had were more beat up than these so i passed on those. They also were selling a sears 2600 box but they wanted $80 for juat the box. I tjought that was too high so i passed on it. Maybe i can talk him down one day. He also threw in the genesis controller box for free.

So anyone know where to get Styrofoam?

post-844-0-99346400-1520714200_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-09961300-1520714341_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-36979700-1520714383_thumb.jpg

Not console gaming related, but classic PC gaming related..

Over the past two months I've managed to pick up a Roland MT-200 for $40 shipped, and just last Friday my 'new' to me MT-32 arrived in the mail that I got for $69. Course I've spend probably another $100 for roland power supplies, audio cables, USB-Midi interface and a small midi cable to daisy chain the two together. Still I've always wanted external sound modules and especially the MT-32 since i first hear what they sound like with an audio tape demoing the difference between the MT-32 and standard adlib that I believe came with my copy of Loom back in the day. Sadly, I no longer have this audio tape but did manage to keep the CD audio containing the back story for the game.

post-1236-0-17573100-1520965291_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Its always good to be friendly and try to make friends. I walked into gamestop today to buy Luigis mansion for the 3DS and the cashier says "hey your the guy who collects stuff right? I remember you asked me a few months back about a display box for the snes classic. I was working at another gamestop last weekend and they still had theirs and i grabbed it just for you. We are also putting up our new Nintendo poster for the month. Do you want last months kirby poster?" Yes please!!

post-844-0-63302800-1522524011_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-42861400-1522524031_thumb.jpg

post-844-0-79478300-1522524049_thumb.jpg

Glad I waited to post because I got a deal last Saturday and this Saturday. I found the Coleco Telstar Ranger and the Pac Man PNP at a garage sale for, get this, 5 for the Telstar and 1 dollar for the Pac Man! Granted if you scroll further down the bottom of the Coleco box has some water damage, but overall its in pretty good shape. It doesn't have the extension cables for the paddles and I was unable to get the gun to work, but I have a flat screen CRT, so not sure if that's causing an issue with the gun?

BTW if anyone is interested in a trade or some cash for the Telstar just let me know... I really only bought it because it was such a good deal and I wanted it to go to a good home and not the dump. 

I also got some games at Disc Traders today, and the best deal was Sub Scan for 2 dollars! And I couldn't believe how MINT this label is! Heck looking at the contacts on the cart it looks brand new!

PG7sDSeh.jpg

zO68Moah.jpg

64fYmyyh.jpg

8JvP4tIh.jpg