awc_text_hss_squad_challenge.gif

Xevious
Atari 7800
Controller: PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Advanced

Achieve high score to win challenge
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / Emulation OK! ✔

Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST February 28th, 2017

Objective: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between February 1st through February 28th, 2017. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the 1-month competition is the victor!

Eligibility: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules: Games may be played on real hardware or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level: ADVANCED. At the startup screen move the Joystick handle left or right to scroll through Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert, to select the ADVANCED skill level.

Fair Play: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

More: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/ 

Xevious.a78Xevious.pdf

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Funny story. After seeing this was the game for the month, I found out I sold a copy of Xevious on eBay!

Thanks for helping me make some sales Justin!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I'll take it!! :rofl: Yea...I wish.  I would love to get my hands on one of those  ^_^ But...I may switch to a Genesis controller doing this challenge however I am going to try to keep it all original hardware.  Atari had some nice hardware with the 7800 but they should have given the Pro-Line joysticks a better balancing point.  It's too top heavy to be comfortable.

I'll take it!! :rofl: Yea...I wish.  I would love to get my hands on one of those  ^_^ But...I may switch to a Genesis controller doing this challenge however I am going to try to keep it all original hardware.  Atari had some nice hardware with the 7800 but they should have given the Pro-Line joysticks a better balancing point.  It's too top heavy to be comfortable.

Well technically, this should fit the bill since Xevious was originally an arcade game and this 7800 controller is made from arcade parts  :D

post-303-0-05729800-1486088393_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

:xevious_plate: 26,360  :xevious_plate:

gallery_823_11_23192.jpg

extra guy @ 20k?  :xevious_solavou:

First post with a 2600 controller played on a 7800.

I played with a pro-line (ball mod on right) and noticed both guns and bombs fired at the same time.

I held controller sideways with index finger hooking the fire button on the bottom. unlimited ammo unlike the guys in origonal Star Wars who didn't want to waste a shot at the escape pod holding the droids. :starwars_armor:

I figured you could use any stick or pad for this if that's the case.  :atari_2600_joystick:

it's also interesting to note that the difficulty settings are screen-selectable and the manual switches are only for backward-compatibility with 2600 games   :atari_2600: