kamakazi20012

During My College Years

Hi guys,

I thought I would share some of the work I did while I was in college from '09 to '13.  Atari stuff, and video games in general, played a huge role in my homework.  I was taking Web Design and Interactive Media - Associate's Degree but was often asked why I didn't take game design.  I never thought about it really and was not aware of the game design program offered until I was already half-way through the program.  All work was done while I was learning Photoshop.

So...I will share one I did for my FB cover art first.  Others may not be video game related and I'm not sure where this post should be so I put it here.

post-870-0-47473200-1486786169_thumb.jpg

I'll post more as I find them.

OK...a few more.  These were for Typography.  The idea was to originally create 6 different layouts where the classmates and instructor would vote which ones they liked best.  I'm a huge Gran Turismo fan and followed the series as best as I could.  I was anxiously (and impatiently) waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to be released so I used it as the focal point of this project. 

post-870-0-93559000-1486820360_thumb.jpg

The one that got the most votes I went with.  We couldn't use black and had to use a color of a single hue.  So...this happened:

post-870-0-58603000-1486820361_thumb.jpg

And then, just for fun, I found an in-game screenshot on the Playstation website and made a few changes on the typography.  This one was not for any credit at all since I couldn't claim all of the work.  While challenging it was a lot of fun to make.

post-870-0-57582000-1486820362_thumb.jpg

So the game screenshot image belongs to Sony with the type layer being my work.  I did show it to the class though.

This last one is not gaming related at all but actually received a LOT of positive feedback from classmates and FB friends.  Quite a few downloaded it and made it their computer wallpaper.  This one was strictly for fun, a few bonus points, and we had to use brushes in Photoshop.  All I was trying to do was try to capture a spot a cousin-in-law and I would like to fish at from a distance on Bull Shoals lake.  It still inspires me what others have said about this one.  The instructor wasn't too impressed but others have said they loved it.  I used that feedback to keep learning Photoshop as much as I could.  

post-870-0-45028600-1486820930.jpg

I think that's it for now.  I'm still looking up the stuff I did in college and...WOW!  I didn't realize just how much I have done.  I thought about creating my own website to share my videos on as well but I am happy right here.  I need to get back into creating things in Photoshop as I haven't worked in it for quite some time now.