Sign in to follow this  
DeLorean

ATARI DAY - On the 26th day of each month, show the world how much you love Atari!

AF, believe me when I tell you that if I can do it, you can do it. I have ZERO technical skills. I'm the least handy person you will ever meet. You'll breeze through it.

This should be the benchmark for any DIY projects on here. "Can StormSurge do this?" If yes, it's SIMPLE. If no, it still may be easy for 90% of you but not for SS.

AF, believe me when I tell you that if I can do it, you can do it. I have ZERO technical skills. I'm the least handy person you will ever meet. You'll breeze through it.

This should be the benchmark for any DIY projects on here. "Can StormSurge do this?" If yes, it's SIMPLE. If no, it still may be easy for 90% of you but not for SS.

Don't be too hard on yourself!  It takes guts to even try.  You got my respect for trying.  And a little extra for succeeding. 

Don't be too hard on yourself!  It takes guts to even try.  You got my respect for trying.  And a little extra for succeeding. 

Thanks!

And I'm not being hard on myself. It's the truth.  :lol:

I had nothing to lose. They weren't working. You guys gave me the confidence that I could pull it off & I did! It was super, super easy.

I was going to post these on Atari Day, but looks like I'm a little late. Anyways, I made more animated GIFs! Can you guess what games they're from without hovering your mouse over?

Yeah I missed #1 and #4, but when I saw what games they were from, it made sense as I haven't spent much time on those two.

I do have #1, I might be missing #4, but I would like to get it one day to review.

I was going to post these on Atari Day, but looks like I'm a little late. Anyways, I made more animated GIFs! Can you guess what games they're from without hovering your mouse over?

Missed #1 and #4.  Those are neat!  How did you do that?

Missed #1 and #4.  Those are neat!  How did you do that?

I ran the games in an emulator (Stella), and repeatedly took screen captures. I picked out the ones that had all the frames I needed, and then used a paint program to get the pieces and make small adjustments (for example, sprites that didn't show up well against white I made slightly darker). After saving each frame as an individual GIF, I used http://gifmaker.me/ to make them into a single animated GIF. There are other sites for making animated GIFs, but this was the only one I found that was handling transparency correctly.

Edited by RadioPoultry