Sign in to follow this  
nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer

For those of you who didn't know, before starting The Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast, I started a retro reviews show on Youtube called the No Swear Gamer. I keep it clean, so it's safe for work and family. I'm over 100 episodes and still going. You can find my channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Some of my favorites include Reviews of Sewer Shark, The Colecovision and Intellivision Flashbacks (with footage from all 61 games!) and my big Atari 7800 lot unboxing. 

Over spring break, I was up almost all night watching your videos! They are great!

That's awesome! Welcome to The No Swear Gamer: Your Spring Break Destination!

Here's my latest vids since last time including reviews of Reactor (2600), Kung Fu Master (7800), Title Match Pro Wrestling (2600 & 7800) & a unboxing featuring games for the 2600, Genesis and one special title.

My recent reviews include Raid on Bungeling Bay for the NES (based on Will Wrights first computer game) Choplifter on The Master System and 7800 (which takes place in the same universe as Bungeling Bay), Home Run on the 2600 and a level select cheat from SMS Choplifter!

Looking forward to your 7800 One on One review -- It's one of my favorites. 

And is there a 2600 Pole Position review?

You mean like this one I did six months ago ;) (before I knew of the site or started my podcast)

Not yet for Pole Position, but I do have a copy and plan to review it some point!

Totally agree with you on RS Baseball.  I got this game as a kid, and I liked it at first because it looked good and it was so easy to crush the computer.  I mean, who doesn't like to win when you're 11 years old?  But it got boring fast. 

There were some really good sports games on the 2600.  Basketball on the difficult level was really challenging.  Ice Hockey looked and played great.  RS Volleyball looked great, played great, and was very unique.  Pele's Soccer didn't look good, but there were a lot of variations and beating the computer was an accomplishment.  Plus fireworks.  Who doesn't like fireworks? 

Oh, and the 5200 version of RS Baseball is AWESOME.  The best classic baseball game period. 

Edited by RickR

OMG...I just played 2600 RS Baseball myself after watching your review.  I forgot about the most ridiculous "feature".  All the pitches look the same!  Even throwing a ball!  How the heck are you supposed to know when a ball is thrown if it looks identical to a normal pitch???  Well, somehow the computer knows and NEVER swings at a ball.  That's cheating, plain and simple.  I give this game an F-.