The No Swear Gamer

nosweargamer

The 7800 is put away because it's RF only (my 2600jr has a composite mod) and the games emulate perfectly.  The "RickR Gaming Credenza" is space-efficient, and trying to wire in a new system would cause major cursing of the four-letter variety. 

In another post, I think I posted pics of the XBOX coming out for some action.  That took some doing.  But I really needed to consolidate the collection into one box.  So that got done. 

I've really had the itch to get the PS1 out.  That one I have a little flip up screen for. 

Good news, all! I fired up the o2em emulator on my Wii! Now I can play some O2! It’s not perfect; sound sucks and colors are slightly off, but it will be nice before the actual O2 arrives at the store, whenever that might be. There’s also no Voice emulation, as expected.

My dad is pretty hyped! We are going to play some Football!, Basketball!, War of Nerves! and others later tonight.

I also got MAME, for some Elevator Action and DK3.

7 minutes ago, RickR said:

That's great news, Harry.

I may need a Wii bit of help.  Is it possible to "update" the wii emulation?  I hacked my Wii years ago and am still running the old versions from back then. 

Depends on the emulator, I guess. I have been using the same emus since 2011.

This Odyssey 2 one is still version 1.0, from 2009 or 2010. I am not sure how much these are being updated anymore. The Wii’s not young.

However, there exist several different emulators for a lot of the systems, and some are clearly better than others. What system emus are you looking to improve?

I heard Wiimednafen is pretty good. It’s a combo emu, and it supposedly is quite good at everything it does.

2 minutes ago, RickR said:

I think all I have on there is NES, SNES, and 2600.  I'll have to figure out how to add more.

Here's a video I watched today and used as a guide to set up the Odyssey 2 emulator. It's very helpful. This guy also has a pretty cool "console libraries" series, in which he takes a look at a console, does a quick "first impression" thing, and then rates it. He's done a fair amount of Atari systems so far, including the 7800. But I digress. Watch this video or just skip to the system you would want to see first.

If you have questions, I will try to help the best I can. I'm relatively new to this, but I can help a little bit.

Since I have gotten the new O2 emulator on my Wii and Wii U, I have been playing along with @nosweargamer during Odyssey 2 month. By playing along, I mean checking out some of the games myself. Here are my thoughts on a few that he has reviewed so far:

Pick Axe Pete! Confusing at first, but really fun once you understand what it is you’re supposed to do. I mean, really, really fun. Check this one out, now!

K.C. Munchkin! A really fun maze game. The game offers a ton of different options including a level editor. Great sound design. Very satisfying, fun, and addictive. However, I feel it’s a tad overrated. It’s great, but not as good as some others on the system.

Attack of the Timelord! Probably my favorite O2 game. The game “attacks” all my “time”. I get sucked in, big time. Unfortunately no voice emulation, though that’s expected.

Computer Golf! Only marginally better than Atari golf, which as NSG mentioned came later. I like the little fits the dude throws. It’s aged a bit, but it’s very charming.

Electronic Table Soccer! Is fantastic. It’s so much fun! A real hidden gem on the system. Controls aren’t great, but don’t ruin the game for me.

3 hours ago, RickR said:

Do you have any plans for Sega Game Gear reviews?  I have been playing GG Pac-Man, and it's excellent.  It's super hard, though.  It took me several tries just to get past the first maze. 

Absolutely. I do want to review Game Gear games, and even made that game an option for Patreon supporters, but it didn't get the votes this time around.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Today for Magnavox Monday, I look at one of the first games to allow you to control an electronic voice.
Ep 676: Type & Tell - Odyssey 2

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

39 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

Today for Magnavox Monday, I look at one of the first games to allow you to control an electronic voice.
Ep 676: Type & Tell - Odyssey 2

Nice video, NSG! I’m glad you’re doing Magnavox Mondays, though I think Odyssey Tuesdays would be a better title. Regardless, keep up the good work!

On 12/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, HDN said:

Nice video, NSG! I’m glad you’re doing Magnavox Mondays, though I think Odyssey Tuesdays would be a better title. Regardless, keep up the good work!

That is very clever, but right now I try to post new episodes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, hence why I chose Mondays.