The ONLY way to play Atari Jaguar!

Atari 5200 Guy

Do you guys still have drive-in theaters in your area?  In Portland, they are all gone.  The only one that I know if is about 40 miles outside of town. 

Funny, we were just talking about drive-ins at dinner last night.  Our collective recollection is that they were slowly dying out in the 80's.  That's also about the time when they switched to FM radio broadcasts for the sound instead of the speaker you parked next to. 

2 hours ago, RickR said:

Do you guys still have drive-in theaters in your area?  In Portland, they are all gone.  The only one that I know if is about 40 miles outside of town. 

Funny, we were just talking about drive-ins at dinner last night.  Our collective recollection is that they were slowly dying out in the 80's.  That's also about the time when they switched to FM radio broadcasts for the sound instead of the speaker you parked next to. 

The only theater in my area is a drive-in but I've never been.  In Marshall, Arkansas, where my Mom's family lives, is still a drive-in that's been there since she was a kid.  Some still exist and are in operation.  I've been there many times and have snuck a few times when I was a kid LOL.  I was told they still start the show with a Pink Panther cartoon.  Some things never change.

http://www.kendadrivein.com/

19 minutes ago, kamakazi20012 said:

Just across the street from the movie drive-in is a Sonic drive-in.  Next door to the drive-in is the Marshall High School.  GO BOBCATS!!

I can picture it in my mind.  Lots of good memories, I'm sure.

You ever get the onion rings at Sonic?  One of my favorites.  They make them sweet.  So good. 

9 minutes ago, RickR said:

I can picture it in my mind.  Lots of good memories, I'm sure.

You ever get the onion rings at Sonic?  One of my favorites.  They make them sweet.  So good. 

My first job ever was working at Sonic.  I had to make those rings.  They are good and I don't like onions.  So that's saying a lot.