C64 JAM IT Review

GRay Defender

Dr J vs. Larry Bird One on One is one of my favorite games of all time.  I'm glad to see someone finally took this great game as a starting point for some enhancements.  I always thought adding in some stats at quarter end would really add to that game.  The real follow up -- Michael Jordan vs Larry Bird One on One is absolutely terrible!  Obviously made by people that didn't understand basketball or sports games, it was a complete dog. 

I'm very excited to try this one out. 

Your review is great.  I want to get this game.  Looks like a digital download is only $2.99!  I wonder if that will work via an SD2EIC device?

Hi!

I've just signed up here since finding this thread - thanks for your interest in Jam It!

From what I recall it works fine on an SD2EIC ... If you find it doesn't, just message me via the throwbackgames.net contact form and I should be able to get you a copy that does.

Dr J vs. Larry Bird One on One is one of my favorite games of all time.  I'm glad to see someone finally took this great game as a starting point for some enhancements.  I always thought adding in some stats at quarter end would really add to that game.  The real follow up -- Michael Jordan vs Larry Bird One on One is absolutely terrible!  Obviously made by people that didn't understand basketball or sports games, it was a complete dog. 

I'm very excited to try this one out.

Not sure if it is obvious from GRay Retro's video but the control scheme is based heavily on Dr J vs Bird. Like the video mentions you can have any combination of 1-4 players - if you have 2 players for example you can play versus or as teammates, or with 3 players, one can have the coy teammate. Even if you don't have the Protovision 4 player adapter, the Vice C64 emulator can simulate it. The video mentions there's no current records online for stats, however in the game manual there's a table of NBA stats you can aim to beat. Another challenge when you get good is to try and get as many doubles you can - my record was a quadruple double on Brutal difficulty