Super Pac-Man - working Atari 5200 Prototype

Video 61

Nice find! How complete is the game?

hi,

as far as i know its complete. when i got them many many years ago, i used to play them. stuck them away sometime ago, but i have found myself involved heavily in the 5200 again, so i dug some of them out. as time permits, i will post more.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

How many 5200-treasures are still hidden in the tides of time?

It's really a shame, that a finished game is withheld to the audience. Hopefully it will be published like Tempest.

@ V61

Thank you for showing that little gem.

hi,

we might publish it. it depends on what i can do board wise.

and you are welcome.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/superpac/superpac.htm

Per the above link, the 1/26/84 revision is essentially complete, with some missing scrolling instructions and a potential (rare) game-breaking bug.  The final version was also changed so that the bonus item appears after half the board is cleared, rather than after a designated time period.

ROM images of the final version and one of the early revisions (not sure which date) are floating around out there.  The final release is available for free download from AA.  I don't remember where I got the other one at the moment.

I *love* this game and wish it had been released back when it was finished!  Very cool to have one of the prototype boards, Lance -- I'm jealous for sure. :wub:

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/superpac/superpac.htm

Per the above link, the 1/26/84 revision is essentially complete, with some missing scrolling instructions and a potential (rare) game-breaking bug.  The final version was also changed so that the bonus item appears after half the board is cleared, rather than after a designated time period.

ROM images of the final version and one of the early revisions (not sure which date) are floating around out there.  The final release is available for free download from AA.  I don't remember where I got the other one at the moment.

I *love* this game and wish it had been released back when it was finished!  Very cool to have one of the prototype boards, Lance -- I'm jealous for sure. :wub:

cool info, thanks. but of course you always have cool info. both harry and i found that out :) i was able top copy the e-proms. i hope they will burn good new ones.

yea but you got lots of cool ones to :)

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500