Super Mario Odyssey

Starbuck66

It looks fantastic!

Can you imagine the pressure on modern game makers?  The expectations on something like this (a new Mario game) are so high.  How do you possibly live up to them?  Any misstep will be widely reported.  Too mush pressure!

Exactly! And can you imagine if Nintendo handled things right now the way Atari would have, like with the 5200 launch? Nintendo would just be reissuing ports of the same Wii games that everybody's played for the past several years.

Exactly! And can you imagine if Nintendo handled things right now the way Atari would have, like with the 5200 launch? Nintendo would just be reissuing ports of the same Wii games that everybody's played for the past several years.

You know, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe i was worried that was going to be a trend. They are doing the same thing with Pokken Tournament, but there are two major selling points that let them get away with this more on the Switch:

1. 1080P 60FPS (MK8 Deluxe 200CC's is screaming!)

2. Full portability; this is such a huge selling point for me.

Even having to take a dock and a power adapter and HDMI cable, we have taken the Switch with us to a gymnastics competition my daughter was in down in Peoria, IL, and my wife and I took it with us for a weekend getaway last weekend. Real easy to just setup and play in the hotel room. Much easier than taking an Xbox One or PS4 or even any of the other many many consoles on the list. I really think the hardware is helping to sell the games here.