I had an odd idea just now...

leolinden

I was looking in the trading section of the website and had a strange idea (I might never do it, that's why I'm putting it out there). Basically, the same idea as the "Little Free Library" or scrap.tf (Team Fortress 2 bank trading site, weapon for weapon, hat for hat, etc) except the games would be kept at someone's house or warehouse or some other place instead of in the open. You choose a game that is on a catalouge on the site (Atari or whatever type of game) and request it. Then you put in the game that you are putting into the pool into a box then ship it off to the "bank". Then when they get the game, they send off the game you requested. There might be some money involved in it if they really wanted to, but that is just an idea.

Retro obsessed dude

Leo, that's a terrific idea! Maybe we would start simple, say a club here in the forums.. if there were 12 members, Atari I/O would send out 12 games, one to each member. The games would be in constant rotation, everybody would play their game for a month then pass it on to the next person in line, who also just passed their game forward. Once everybody has played all of the games, they would be taken out of rotation and a new batch of games would start.

Leo, that's a terrific idea! Maybe we would start simple, say a club here in the forums.. if there were 12 members, Atari I/O would send out 12 games, one to each member. The games would be in constant rotation, everybody would play their game for a month then pass it on to the next person in line, who also just passed their game forward. Once everybody has played all of the games, they would be taken out of rotation and a new batch of games would start.

Actually.. that a pretty cool idea.. What would keep it from being common carts that everybody has?

Think of it like a circle. You have one person on your list that you send your game to at the end of every month. Likewise, you're the person on somebody else's list. Every month you receive a game, play it, then pass it on to the one person on your list at the end of each month. You pay to ship to that person however you want. That's the idea anyway.

I've done a similar, but not the same idea, called a Retro Junk Box. You get a list of participants. One person fills a large USPS flat rate box with Retro Stuff (Can be limited to gaming) and mails it to the first person on the list. They get to take out whatever they want, but have to refill it and send it to the next person. It keeps going until the original box maker gets it back. Here's a video of the last one I did:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Archived