Atari I/O Retro Junk Box 10 - It's all about the junk

RickR

I'm considering joining this.  I'm in Florida.  It'd be the first time I participate in this.  So the stuff to add into the box is all retro or just gaming related?

If you have some time, take a look at some of the past junk box posts to get an idea of what people take out and what they put in.  That's probably the easiest way to get a good impression.  As nosweargamer said, it's pretty much gaming related, mostly retro.  Pop culture items are good too.  DVD's of 80's movies are good. 

PM me if you need more info. 

IF YOU WANT IN, SIGN UP SOON.

The most up-to-date list:

1. nosweargamer (TN)
  2. Ballblazer (MD)
  3. Starbuck66 (MI) - vacation mid-Sept.
  4. chas10e (ME)
  5. AtariBrian (NY)
  6. MalakZero (CA)
  7. jmjustin6 (GA)
  8. Willie! (NC)
  9. correagonzales (NY) - Out Sept 2-6
  10. greenween (CO)
  11. TrekMD (FL)

I'll start working on the order of shipping.  Shockingly, Priority Mail takes only 2 days to go a long distance (example:  Oregon to FL,) but 3 days for short distances (NY to NY). 

Edited by RickR

THE JUNK BOX IS GOING OUT TODAY!

Duct tape added for extra longevity!  No burnishing though. 

I added a little wrinkle for myself -- I put something in the box specifically for the first recipient.  Will my guess be right?  It will be interesting to see if they take that specific item.

In any case, the box should arrive Tues or Wed in Atlanta,  THANKS!

post-41-0-51328700-1504366980_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-24839300-1504366982_thumb.jpg

RickR, I have a business trip from Sept 21-23.  This just came up, sorry. 

No worries, we are an easy-going bunch.  Let's see how the timing works through the next few people on the list.  If we need to adjust the list, we'll move you down.  I'm going to guess you'll be just fine right where you are. 

Ok so the junk box has come and this is what i took out. I tried my hardest fit everything back in, but i just couldnt get darth vader, the transformer, and the emoji cat back in there

Other than that. I cant wait to try this pong out! The book is filled with various Nintendo posters

Looks cool -- what's the oval blue thing, and the circular black thing lower left?

The internet says that the Pong unit is one of the last ones to be made -- sold in 1983!