10 of my favorite Atari 2600 Games - Name yours!

MaximumRD

Current list:

1. Adventure

2. Pitfall II

3. HERO

4. Moon Patrol

5. Q-Bert

6. Missile Command

7. Kaboom

8. Tunnel Runner

9. Tutenkham

10. Haunted House

Kid list

1. Berserk

2. Pitfall

3. River Raid

4. Asteroids

5. Vanguard

6. Ms Pac Man

7. Moon Patrol

8. Star Trek: SOS

9. Video Pinball

10. Miniature Golf

Wow...this is just too hard to come up with 10. I'll mention 10 but they're in no particular order:

- Jr. Pac-Man -- IMHO, the best officially-sanctioned arcade port on the 2600!

- Yars' Revenge -- because, come on!

- Lady Bug -- awesome homebrew. Seriously, play this and then play the arcade version - you'll barely be able to tell the difference.

- Pitfall! -- an instant classic. I do NOT like Pitfall 2, though.

- River Raid -- another instant classic.

- Demon Attack -- one of two games in which I was able to find a kill screen back in the '80s! (The other: The Activision Decathlon)

- Space Invaders -- of the versions I've played (2600, 5200, 7800 homebrew, arcade) -- this is easily my favorite.

- Communist Mutants From Space -- a semi-hidden gem in the library! So much fun.

- Space Rocks -- another amazing homebrew. It takes the things that can make the official 2600 Asteroids boring and makes 'em...uhh...unboring? I guess???

- Video Pinball -- I even like this better than Midnight Magic -- but wow..so much fun and strategy in this one. It's a very frequent go-to when I want to play some 2600 stuff.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

I might have to drop Moon Patrol from my top 10; I just got a copy for my 5200 and it’s awesome!

Current list:

1. Adventure

2. Pitfall II

3. HERO

4. Moon Patrol

5. Q-Bert

6. Missile Command

7. Kaboom

8. Tunnel Runner

9. Tutenkham

10. Haunted House

Kid list

1. Berserk

2. Pitfall

3. River Raid

4. Asteroids

5. Vanguard

6. Ms Pac Man

7. Moon Patrol

8. Star Trek: SOS

9. Video Pinball

10. Miniature Golf

Wow...this is just too hard to come up with 10. I'll mention 10 but they're in no particular order:

- Jr. Pac-Man -- IMHO, the best officially-sanctioned arcade port on the 2600!

- Yars' Revenge -- because, come on!

- Lady Bug -- awesome homebrew. Seriously, play this and then play the arcade version - you'll barely be able to tell the difference.

- Pitfall! -- an instant classic. I do NOT like Pitfall 2, though.

- River Raid -- another instant classic.

- Demon Attack -- one of two games in which I was able to find a kill screen back in the '80s! (The other: The Activision Decathlon)

- Space Invaders -- of the versions I've played (2600, 5200, 7800 homebrew, arcade) -- this is easily my favorite.

- Communist Mutants From Space -- a semi-hidden gem in the library! So much fun.

- Space Rocks -- another amazing homebrew. It takes the things that can make the official 2600 Asteroids boring and makes 'em...uhh...unboring? I guess???

- Video Pinball -- I even like this better than Midnight Magic -- but wow..so much fun and strategy in this one. It's a very frequent go-to when I want to play some 2600 stuff.

Just curious if you have a CV with that version of Ladybug? If so, how does the 2600 version stack up to that one?

I’m with you on Video Pinball > Midnight Magic too.

What don’t you like about Pitfall II?

-

I just now tried "Space Rocks" on Harmony, and OMG....it is just awesome.  I think I need to re-do my list. 

Just curious if you have a CV with that version of Ladybug? If so, how does the 2600 version stack up to that one?

What don’t you like about Pitfall II?

I don't have a CV, never did. Most I ever saw of it was as a floor model at Montgomery Ward.

Pitfall II -- the checkpoints kind of annoy me...way too far apart...and the neverending music gets on my nerves.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.