DELTA SPACE ARENA - Work in Progress for Atari 5200

Video 61

here is some video of peters great game for the atari 8-bit, delta space arena. as you can see, its been ported to the atari 5200, thanks kamikazi!!!

thanks for viewing,

lance,

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

It's about time the 5200 got some attention in the home brew department.  It's mostly the 2600, 7800, and 8-bits that get the attention.  And as Lance knows by now the 5200 is my all-time favorite console and I don't feel the console gets the positive attention it deserves.  As I have also told Lance I know that the 5200 controllers are not perfect but I don't know how many 2600/7800 controllers I've come across where those dome contacts are collapsed, meaning they either need to be replaced or another joystick purchased.  At least with the 5200 controllers the buttons can be brought back to life just by cleaning or doing small mods.  I'm actually grateful that the 5200 never got those dome contacts.  

I'm honored to be a part of this project.  Lance says I'm obsessed with the 5200 but that's an understatement...I'm hardcore 5200 insane!!  LOL.  It's a great game and the 5200 really doesn't have a top-down shooter that I am aware of.  Actually...aside from a few arcade games and one first-person perspective shooting game, it really doesn't have many shooters.  Hopefully this will help round out the 5200 game library a bit.  It was very much needed on the 5200.  However if it wouldn't have been for Peter we would not have this wonderful game to try to bring to the 5200.

Oh...and...LOL...it's k-a-m-a-k-a-z-i, Lance.  I'm not Japanese although I think I'm turning Japanese LOL.  I hope the rest of the 5200 community will enjoy this game on their 5200.

It's about time the 5200 got some attention in the home brew department.  It's mostly the 2600, 7800, and 8-bits that get the attention.  And as Lance knows by now the 5200 is my all-time favorite console and I don't feel the console gets the positive attention it deserves.  As I have also told Lance I know that the 5200 controllers are not perfect but I don't know how many 2600/7800 controllers I've come across where those dome contacts are collapsed, meaning they either need to be replaced or another joystick purchased.  At least with the 5200 controllers the buttons can be brought back to life just by cleaning or doing small mods.  I'm actually grateful that the 5200 never got those dome contacts.  

I'm honored to be a part of this project.  Lance says I'm obsessed with the 5200 but that's an understatement...I'm hardcore 5200 insane!!  LOL.  It's a great game and the 5200 really doesn't have a top-down shooter that I am aware of.  Actually...aside from a few arcade games and one first-person perspective shooting game, it really doesn't have many shooters.  Hopefully this will help round out the 5200 game library a bit.  It was very much needed on the 5200.  However if it wouldn't have been for Peter we would not have this wonderful game to try to bring to the 5200.

Oh...and...LOL...it's k-a-m-a-k-a-z-i, Lance.  I'm not Japanese although I think I'm turning Japanese LOL.  I hope the rest of the 5200 community will enjoy this game on their 5200.

artisan spelled it for me:) yes the 5200 is going to get some well deserved attention. atari never made it easy to support either the 5200 or the 7800. we hope to cure that. the great thing is that they all use some form of the 6502. that sure helps.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

What little time I have spent learning the 6502 I have come to one conclusion...it can be a powerful 8-bit processor regardless of what breed it is or what machine it's for.  I'm glad Atari stuck with for many of their computers and consoles.  Makes it easier to learn the machines they made.  Just learn the processor and then you can concentrate on machine-specific features.  Smart move.

What little time I have spent learning the 6502 I have come to one conclusion...it can be a powerful 8-bit processor regardless of what breed it is or what machine it's for.  I'm glad Atari stuck with for many of their computers and consoles.  Makes it easier to learn the machines they made.  Just learn the processor and then you can concentrate on machine-specific features.  Smart move.

agreed, at least jack had figured that one out.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

That's about the only thing I believe he figured out.  I just wish he would not have used Atari like he did.  It could have been a remarkable company...and the first of its kind could still be around.  I know we have an "Atari" today but that is just a name.  I hope those people don't repeat dragging the name through the mud again.

That's about the only thing I believe he figured out.  I just wish he would not have used Atari like he did.  It could have been a remarkable company...and the first of its kind could still be around.  I know we have an "Atari" today but that is just a name.  I hope those people don't repeat dragging the name through the mud again.

the history of atari says in the mud we will go. hope to be proven wrong, but that is the way its been for decades now.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

Here is the first look at Delta Space Arena for the Atari 5200, with added music. We have to extensively beta-test this first before we put it up for sale. Please watch for future announcements.

Thanks!

Lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500