Exclusive interview with former Atari/Imagic/Sente designer Dennis Koble

Dennis Koble started his illustrious career as one of Atari's early coin-op designers.  He started at Atari in 1976 and was the 4th programmer hired.  During his 5 years there, he worked in nearly every division before leaving to co-found Imagic.  He got back into coin-op games with Sente, and later co-founded another company that specialized in games for the PC and Sega Genesis.  Most recently, he tried his hand at designing mobile app games.

Fascinating to read. Makes you think about digital games of current day and how that once they're pulled from the store, especially sold in limited or low qtys, it would be much harder to find or obtain. Here we have people tracking down games from certain developers/publishers from 20-30 years ago, I can't see efforts being the same 20-years from now.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

Hi...

I came across this conversation only recently. I worked with Dennis Koble in the Atari Consumer "Board Games" division. I did the electronics design on the Touch Me hand-held game, and on the other table-top electronic board games.

I'd like to re-connect with Dennis. If anyone here knows how to contact him, please let him know my email address, and that I would love to hear from him.

Mark Davis

markad7ef@gmail.com