Squad Challenge - Chopper Command (Atari 2600)

Justin

I guess there was a good thing not growing up with the 2600 during childhood years.  I've had a lot of fun doing these challenges when 2600 games are involved.  It allows me to discover them for the first time and I am enjoying learning the games I missed out on decades ago.  

And as already mentioned the 2600's 40 year old age does not affect its speed at all.  I wish at 43 my reaction time to these games was still that quick.  I'm going to try again tonight.  

Ok, so I have yet to find my charger, but I did find the DS Lite I got from a recent Retro Junk Box and a cable to charge it with. I must say, my hands hurt after playing it a while, so I may not play much more unless I find my GBA charger.

My goal was to pass my score I made on the harder game mode from the last challenge. It took a few tries, but I was able to do that.

post-303-0-05476100-1507343581_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-32785700-1507343587_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Well...maybe I ought to get a GBA or DS and 2600 games to play on it.  Maybe that would help me out???

I'm with RickR on this one...the rest of us have to add our scores together to beat NSG.  Works for me!  LOL

Awesome scores RickR and NSG!  I'm doing the Wayne's World salute..."We're not worthy!"

Mike

I've tried a few different strategies:

• Going left instead of right.  It seems like the enemies don't get behind you so easily this way.  But my brain doesn't like it.
  • Going fast and clearing each horizontal row at a time.  This works to a point, but around wave 3, the other row shots become incredibly accurate. 
  • Going slow and trying to shoot each trio is the best option for me.  Try to keep them from getting behind you.  Once you get to 40k or so, things start moving very fast.  There's no time limit, so moving very slow has no real downside.

In all cases, keeping your eye on the radar is key. 

I think we should!  No disrespect to NSG....he's the master of this game.  We are striving to get close to his awesome score.

My guess is that at some point, someone else is going to bust out another 100K+ score.

If I can do it, I'm sure a bunch of you can do it too!

You-Can-Do-It.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations nosweargamer!

GREAT SCORES GUYS!! I really enjoyed seeing you guys tackle the learning curve on this game and ramp your scores up over time. Going through the thread you can see everybody's game improve over time. Congratulations on your win No Swear! nosweargamer won with a whopping 279,600 points! RickR takes 2nd Place with a score of 115,100 points. TrekMD, kamakazi20012, and dauber all showed up with great scores too! ALL of you showed a great game. I encourage nosweargamer to add his new high score to the Chopper Command thread on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!  :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS :pow:

1       nosweargamer           279,600

2       RickR                          115,100

3       TrekMD                         56,400

4       kamakazi20012            36,300

5       dauber                          11,400