BABYMETAL Japanese Rock?

Atari 5200 Guy

I was browsing YouTube for more JPOP that I might like and when YouTube posted a list of other JPOP music a group called BABYMETAL was first.  The name of the song?  Gimme Chocolate!!  So I click on it and...I have not been able to stop hitting the repeat button since.

Yea...I'm hooked.  A metal sound with lyrics about eating chocolate.  Great beat, catchy vocal melody, and it's actually fun!  I hate to say it but to me it is a bit better than most of today's modern rock and country music in America.  If I had a choice between Taylor Swift or BABYMETAL...I would pick BABYMETAL.  I'd also pick a few other JPOP artists.  Call me a traitor but it is easy to see when artists are having fun with their music creations.

Oh...and Su-Metal (the middle one) is the oldest at 19.  The other two, Yuimetal and Moametal, are 18.  If I understand Wiki correctly Babymetal has been performing since 2010 and have done quite a lot including opening and supporting other bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Megadeth, Metallica, and during one of their performances they got a special guest appearance by Judas Priest lead singer Rob Halford.  That alone is saying something about these three.  I really hope they enjoy continued success with the same members they have now.  By far the best group I've heard in a long time.  Even if it is in Japanese I don't mind...I can find English lyrics and hum those along with their music.

OK..I've been listening to everything BABYMETAL I could find on YouTube.  OMG!!  This heavy metal, or kawaii metal, band has won me over.  This is the best music I've heard in a very long time.  I am already a fan and I would very much like to see them live.  I have a feeling it won't be long for them to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  I hope I get to see that.  They deserve it already from what I've read about everything they have done already.  Maybe this song dedicated to their fans will help.  There is also an English only version.

English Only version below.  I hope you guys enjoy!  I know I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MBNhFLFPk

Edited for accidentally pasting the wrong video.  It has been corrected now.

Edited by kamakazi20012

I've not been a huge fan of heavy metal for a while now.  Most of the music is good but when the vocals start for the most part I lost interest.  I still enjoy the Heavy Metal original motion picture soundtrack because it doesn't sound like the heavy metal in modern times.  For the most part I can't understand it and some of the songs just don't interest me.  Oh I like some Metallica and Megadeth songs but not very many.  But since finding Babymetal I am feeling like I should be worshiping them.  They are completely changing the genre in a good way.  So I will be sharing more vids from them here :)  I hope others like them as well.

Here's another good one.

I finally found a decent version to share about this band.  Sadly, Yui metal is no longer with the band now and one band member passed away in an accident.  But this video was done before the absence of aforementioned members.  Fans of Judas Priest might want to skip to about 8 minutes.  Enjoy.  The band is really good.