RickR

Atari.io chat room.

Hello all:

I don't know about you, but I've really missed the "chat" feature we used to have on the site.  I did a little research and found a highly rated a free private group chat site called "chatzy".  I set up a room to start testing with, and here is the link:

http://us21.chatzy.com/66748809645615

I was hoping we could get a few people together to try it out.  Set up a date and time and give it a go.  What do you all think?

-Rick

Guys, this time of year is very busy.  I was in and out of the room on Saturday, but no time at all on Sunday.  If you go in and no one is there...don't give up on it.  We'll find a time soon.  In the meantime, I'll try and pop in when I can.  Thanks.

This is a great idea, but is there any way we can get a chat like the old one back on the site?  I liked having one right here on the forum.  Thanks for reminding us about the chat feature!

My hope is that once we try this out for a while, and if it works for all, we can provide a sticky link.  Sadly, I don't think the old built-in chat feature will ever return. 

At one point, I actually considered making a Discord chat to replace the chat room for you guys. But when I really thought hard about it, I was actually banned from the original chat, so I probably wasn't the best person to maintain a new one. So I never went through with my plan. Nice to hear that someone else came up with a similar idea, and enjoy the chat everyone.

well if you decide to make it a regular chat night atari io let me know I can add it to jaguar community united yahoo group calendar as well as the community calendar at AVC Online's website .
I should looked through the forums more often didn't see this till today. I did post to Justin about how about  having a chat at irc chat  around the time the orignal chat went down.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

We'll get it back to a regular chat sometime soon.  I've been absolutely crushed with my work and personal life stuff.  As soon as things calm down, I'll schedule a regular hosted chat.

For now, pop in when you can.  Say hello to whoever is in there.  I've left the door open for all.  Atarifan95 -- come on back and say hello.  New chat, everyone is welcome. 

The chatzy chat site works well and has some pretty nice features.