Might as well say hello!

Rowsdower70

Honestly just found out about you guys through someone in a Facebook group posting a video of a kid doing an unboxing of some stuff friendly forum members gave him.   Pretty good advertisement for a friendly forum if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm 44, live in Southeast Texas, and have been gaming since Pong.   I'm first and foremost an Intellivision guy (blasphemy, I know) but I also had a 2600 I was very fond of and consider it to be the definitive classic console.   My wife and I are fledgling flea marketeers (mainly to feed my habit), and I'm a casual collector.   Loosely translated that means a collector with very limited funds.

I'm also a huge fan of Vic-20 and C-64 gaming, even some NES and Genesis.   I pretty much lose interest if there isn't a cartridge involved.

Favorite game for the 2600 was Supercharger's Dragonstomper, and Crypts of Chaos.  

My wife and I are also avid table top gamers, so I'm sure I'll be chiming in on that as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome to Atari.io!!!!!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Ha love the avatar Rowsdower is King Eh? I am a big MST3K fan so Final Sacrifice and Rowsdower are favourites too lol. Glad to have you with us! Good people here, contest, great discussion and appreciation for classic gaming is the order of the day.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

WELCOME!! Always wonderful to have a new member join! Whereabouts in Texas are ya?

I am near Beaumont in a little town called Silsbee.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Hi Row,

Despite being an avowed Atarian, I really dug the Intellivision experience back in the day.

Had to rent em along with cartridges cuz they cost nearly twice as much as the VCS.

But somehow it made the extra-bitted gameplay all the more unique.

Actually kept renting them as this cost went down (and the rental shop owner was a friendly family man who recognized fellow gamers) and got some really good times with the Imagic titles unique to the Mattel console.

Microsurgeon, of course (quite possibly one of the best games of the era for any console), Dragonfire and - especially - Swords And Serpents, which I played with a friend, as we switched between fighter and sorcerer, ultimately making it to the final location of the serpent in question.

Yeah, big let down on that climax, but, as they say "The journey's the thing".

Good times.

But yeah all golden era consoles are great.

"Except For Atari 2600 It Is All Things To All People, Hail My Beloved Console"

sorry dunno where that came from

I think I'm obligated to say that cuz my VCS is like a significant other.

Is that weird?

I've said too much.

TMI

prank caller prank caller

Hi Row,

Despite being an avowed Atarian, I really dug the Intellivision experience back in the day.

Had to rent em along with cartridges cuz they cost nearly twice as much as the VCS.

But somehow it made the extra-bitted gameplay all the more unique.

Actually kept renting them as this cost went down (and the rental shop owner was a friendly family man who recognized fellow gamers) and got some really good times with the Imagic titles unique to the Mattel console.

Microsurgeon, of course (quite possibly one of the best games of the era for any console), Dragonfire and - especially - Swords And Serpents, which I played with a friend, as we switched between fighter and sorcerer, ultimately making it to the final location of the serpent in question.

Yeah, big let down on that climax, but, as they say "The journey's the thing".

Good times.

But yeah all golden era consoles are great.

"Except For Atari 2600 It Is All Things To All People, Hail My Beloved Console"

sorry dunno where that came from

I think I'm obligated to say that cuz my VCS is like a significant other.

Is that weird?

I've said too much.

TMI

prank caller prank caller

Word is that the programmer ran out of memory, thus no final dragon fight.   Yeah, kind of a bummer but still a great co-op game!

I'm the same as you Greenween.  Had a buddy that had one when I was a kid, but never owned one myself.  Until middle age and disposable income!  Now I have a super sweet Sears Telegames Intellivision and 76 games.  And I love it! 

Also, the M-Network games for 2600 are really good!  Some games are even better than the Intellivision versions.  For example, try "Astroblast" with paddles.  It is unbelievable! 

Archived