Interview with Scott Adams

RickR

Scott Adams of the famed text adventures.  I find this type of thing fascinating.  And it's so important to preserve the history behind those old original games.

http://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/scott-adams/

My first taste of the Scott Adams' adventure games were the VIC-20 cartridge versions.  I think I had 3 of them.  Made paper maps.  Solved them all.  I remember to start the games, you actually had to type in a SYS command to the VIC. 

Thanks for the link -- very nice quick read with a couple of links to explore. It looks like he did a Zoom call last week as part of Gamescom -- sorry to have missed that one. EDIT: Looks like the Gamescom panel that he participated in was uploaded on YouTube. I'm going to watch when I get the chance.

I think I played one or two Scott Adams adventures back in the 80s but don't remember the games. I remember seeing ads for Preppie! and always wanting to give it try. In any case, games from Scott Adams's company were a prominent part of my Atari 8-bit landscape largely in part due to their advertisements and cool box art. Last year, I bought three adventure titles from Venezuela (or was that Argentina?) and Preppie! from a US seller.

I hope to set up my 800XL later this year so I can start re-living my fondest memories of computing and re-playing some classic games. I just need to figure out how to use the SD drive and Ultimate cartridge 🙄 I already have a small collection of files downloaded.

DSC07126.JPG.033aa5acf1e6debea6575707ba2f6060.JPG

Edited by socrates63