Sign in to follow this  
jmjustin6

Must have Lynx games?

On 4/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, MalakZero said:

New Lynx owner here, liking the recommendations thus far! Hows "Shadow of the Beast" on this unit? The Sega version was a big let down...

As a lover of Shadow of the Beast game, my experience was the port for Turbo Duo back when it was released, I can say hands down that the Lynx port is amazing in its own right. I will be covering this game on the next few Lynx Lounge episodes as we look at platform games and hero’s that run right. 

Do yourself a favor and pick it up. 

Games and accessories I want to acquire:

Rampage

Xenophobe

Gordo 106

Warbirds

NFL Football

Tournament Cyberball

Malibu Beach Bikini Volleyball (I believe that is the name of the game, but it is volleyball)

Shadow of the Beast

Switchblade II

Basketbrawl

Hockey

Gauntlet: The Third Encounter

Chip's Challenge

Scrapyard Dog

Zarlor Mercenary

Gates of Zendocon

Fat Bobby

Bubble Trouble

Dirty Larry: Renegade Cop

Rampart

Blockout

An Atari Lynx I game system (I already have the Atari Lynx II)

If possible, extra ComLynx cables (for multiplayer support)

I have 32 games for my Atari Lynx II already, but this is a list of games that I would like to get. If I get another extra Lynx II, I might get it fitted with the McWill upgrade screen and VGA port (so it could be hooked up to a TV or monitor for full-screen gameplay), but I have not decided that yet.

I also have heard about someone turning a Lynx into a console. It is on YouTube in three parts on the channel Retro Revolutions. It is pretty good. He used an A2600 shell and rebuilt the Lynx into a console. It works well, too! I would not go that far to do that, but a McWill sounds interesting. I am a bonafide purist when it comes to preserving my game collection, so I might not do that at all. We'll see. Thanks for letting me share. :O)