RED ALERT: Please Read! BIG Changes Coming to the Atari I/O Forums!

1 hour ago, kamakazi20012 said:

Question for anyone that may know.  What are the dimensions of the profile cover photo?  I know the size limit is 511MB.  I need the X and Y limits, please.  Thank you!

Sure thing! Here you go:

Profile Photo (Avatar)
2.048 MB Upload Limit
1000 x 1000 Max

Profile Cover Photo
6MB Upload Limit
1920 x 731 Recommended Optimum Size
3125 x 1685 Recommended Max

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Hung out in Wednesday Night Chat!"

nosweargamer was awarded the badge 'Wednesday Night Chatterbox' and 5 points.

17 hours ago, chas10e said:

mebbe a good Avatar :P ???

Keystone.jpg.0a3a5cb66591d19d0afdc22d076d3e8b.jpg

As Constable, I have three simple rules:

1) No stealing

2) You may only go UP on the escalators. Elevators can be used to go up or down.

3) STAY OFF THE ROOF! 

😁

1557853207_Keystone26.thumb.jpg.b26f9bc7e360508c7d38b8b8349157a6.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

mac_alert_large.png.47b78a42beaa8fa74505

COMMUNITY CALENDAR VOLUNTEER NEEDED!

Volunteer(s) needed to be in charge of adding new events to the calendar. Preferably someone knowledgable about upcoming gaming events around the country. This includes Gaming Expos, Tournaments, Club Events, Arcade Openings, Trade Shows etc. Also, the ability to make clear, concise, nice looking posts is a big plus. Our new calendar is a big improvement, you can see it here: https://forums.atari.io/calendar/ If more than one person would like to help maintain the calendar that would be terrific. Thanks!

On 11/29/2018 at 11:22 PM, Justin said:

Thanks kamakazi, I imagine it's like debugging a game 😀

Actually, after taking web design courses, its worse.  I've had a simple CSS add-on throw a whole site out of whack.  Removing the add-on only made matters worse.  Best thing I found to do was to back up the entire site before adding/changing anything.  This way should an error occur you can return back to a working model before changes were performed.  It is a headache when just one thing can upset the whole project.

When I was developing my web site project I thought I could use the same inner pages for both 2600 and NES games.  The NES games did not like the settings and design the 2600 games used requiring their own page.  Planning on paper helped, using mock ups made in an imaging program helps a lot.

Also, idea for a header image to go behind the Atari.io name if you plan to do it.  An image showcasing all the Atari hardware, mostly right justified so it doesn't fight the site name. Just a thought.

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Hung out in Wednesday Night Chat!"

Dan Iacovelli was awarded the badge 'Wednesday Night Chatterbox' and 5 points.

just letting you know that I got Atari IO chat listed in my jaguar community united yahoo group calendar and on the AVC Online calendar.
right now its set for everyday all day. when you start with the Wednesday chat thing I can edit them.
as mentioned in chat before, the yahoo groups don't send out reminder like before so I got a monthly newsletter being e-mailed out to them.

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

10 hours ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

just letting you know that I got Atari IO chat listed in my jaguar community united yahoo group calendar and on the AVC Online calendar.
right now its set for everyday all day. when you start with the Wednesday chat thing I can edit them.
as mentioned in chat before, the yahoo groups don't send out reminder like before so I got a monthly newsletter being e-mailed out to them.

Thank you Dan! We've already begun doing Wednesday Night Atari Chat again as a regular thing, though I haven't been pushing it hard on Instagram or elsewhere until January. Go ahead and put "Wednesday nights" in your calendar 🙌 There's no particular set time since people will be streaming in and out all evening across multiple time zones, so a good rule of thumb to remember is that chat's open 24/7 and Wednesday Night Atari Chat will get hopping when it gets dark in the east and wrap up when everyone has gone to bed in the west. Generally before/after dinner until bed time. Thank you for getting the word out.

2019 will be be about inviting other classic gamers from Atari Age, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook groups who fit our community to join Atari I/O. Everybody is welcome here. If you've made friends in other communities, arcades, classic gaming shops, Facebook, your kickball team, wherever, and you enjoy talking retro gaming with them and think they'd get along great here, go ahead and invite them in. The Forums are far enough along now to accept new members, and we'll have some fun events coming up this year. Go ahead and invite a few people to check out the forums or join us in the chat if you think it's something they'd enjoy 💥💥💥

14 hours ago, Justin said:

Thank you Dan! We've already begun doing Wednesday Night Atari Chat again as a regular thing, though I haven't been pushing it hard on Instagram or elsewhere until January. Go ahead and put "Wednesday nights" in your calendar 🙌 There's no particular set time since people will be streaming in and out all evening across multiple time zones, so a good rule of thumb to remember is that chat's open 24/7 and Wednesday Night Atari Chat will get hopping when it gets dark in the east and wrap up when everyone has gone to bed in the west. Generally before/after dinner until bed time. Thank you for getting the word out.

ok I'll do the update in January to change the Wednesday listing for special ones, like before keep me updated for like contest in chat or special topics for the calendar, for newsletter I e-mails I send out I'll make mention to check calendar for weds night chats. no problem any way to help the community

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

11 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

ok I'll do the update in January to change the Wednesday listing for special ones, like before keep me updated for like contest in chat or special topics for the calendar, for newsletter I e-mails I send out I'll make mention to check calendar for weds night chats. no problem any way to help the community

Thanks again. We're going to start sending out a newsletter of our own pretty soon. Maybe that will be helpful as well.