The Kenny Show - Meet My Dog

Video 61

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Shared a dog photo!"

Video 61 was awarded the badge 'Bark! Bark!' and 5 points.

Please help identify what kind of dog I am for my pet parents!

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Lance, a bit of small advice...see if you can trim away some of the hair from above and around his eyes.  It is said that too much hair there can make them go blind.  Just a thought.  Handsome fella and one lucky dog.  I seen one yesterday running around close to home but not sure if he was dumped or not and I couldn't take him in if I wanted to.  So, Kenny, you're one lucky pooch, pal.

Lance, a bit of small advice...see if you can trim away some of the hair from above and around his eyes.  It is said that too much hair there can make them go blind.  Just a thought.  Handsome fella and one lucky dog.  I seen one yesterday running around close to home but not sure if he was dumped or not and I couldn't take him in if I wanted to.  So, Kenny, you're one lucky pooch, pal.

Great puppy advice from kamikaze. A couple of snips would clear that right up. Kenny looks like a sweet little guy and he's lucky to have you Lance!

Justin

"Shared a dog photo!"

nosweargamer was awarded the badge 'Bark! Bark!' and 5 points.

I asked my sister to look at the video and she believes it is a Yorkie Shih Tzu mix. She has had two. One has passed, but the other is still alive and over is 13 years old!

She also added this:

If they are the same breed they are prone to ear infections and eye infections so you want to clean the ears wth solution from the vet and trim around the eyes regularly

Here are some pictures of her dogs to compare to yours:

post-303-0-41848600-1522005100_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-66953500-1522005111_thumb.jpg

post-303-0-89319000-1522005123_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

thanks everyone for the kind words. kenny went to the groomers and does look a bit different. hopefully next time artisan comes over, we can add a new youtube of kenny!

thanks everyone,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

I asked my sister to look at the video and she believes it is a Yorkie Shih Tzu mix. She has had two. One has passed, but the other is still alive and over is 13 years old!

She also added this:

If they are the same breed they are prone to ear infections and eye infections so you want to clean the ears wth solution from the vet and trim around the eyes regularly

attachicon.gifdog 1.jpg

attachicon.gifdog 2.jpg

attachicon.gifdog 3.jpg

thank you very much for the pics, and thanks also to your sister. kenny went to the groomers, and does look like your sisters dogs. i will post a youtube soon.

also tell your sister sorry she lost a loved one. its tough i know.

yes we had kennys ears and eyes checked. they seem good. but we will be on the lookout for any trouble.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

Justin

"Shared a dog photo!"

Atari 5200 Guy was awarded the badge 'Bark! Bark!' and 5 points.

She also added this:

attachicon.gifdog 1.jpg

attachicon.gifdog 2.jpg

attachicon.gifdog 3.jpg

You know what?  Paint the dog on the right in the second picture white and you have our furry child!  

post-870-0-89606500-1522035109_thumb.jpg

post-870-0-36527500-1522035171_thumb.jpg

post-870-0-36898700-1522035195_thumb.jpg

It's funny how she will sit and let me put things on her head.  However, getting her to let us take pictures of her is almost impossible.  She does not like her picture taken.  We are lucky to have the ones we have.

You know what?  Paint the dog on the right in the second picture white and you have our furry child!  

attachicon.gif20180309_093321.jpg

attachicon.gif20180218_013459.jpg

attachicon.gif20180118_192720.jpg

It's funny how she will sit and let me put things on her head.  However, getting her to let us take pictures of her is almost impossible.  She does not like her picture taken.  We are lucky to have the ones we have.

what a pretty dog. your lucky. i also got my third jack russel terrier from the same rescue place. he is mixed with a britteny, but is fast like a rocket, like every russel i have owned.

funny thing, all three J.R. i have owned have acted the same way if you try to take a pic of them. they love being in the camera, they see one right away they are ready for the pic.

now i have two dogs again, both are babies that need tender loving care.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

Her name is Christmas.  She actually named herself.  When we got her we tried every name we could think of.  We were watching a movie called "A Dog Named Christmas" about an autistic person wanting to foster a shelter dog for the Christmas holiday.  When the boy called the dog's name in the movie our dog came a running and looked at the TV.  

"Did she just answer to the boy on TV?", my wife asked.

"I think so.", I replied.  So we both said, "Christmas", and she turned her head our way. 

She's a very smart dog, trained herself to be in tune with my wife's diabetes, when she chokes, has panic attacks, and other things.  She will bark until someone comes to help my wife when she needs it.  She has literally dug into my backside to get me up when my wife needed me while we were sleeping.  If the fire alarm goes off, our dog is barking like crazy.  Storms?  Forget it.  She's hiding in the closet.  If I leave the apartment to check the mail or something our dog is OK.  If the wife leaves the apartment without our dog it's a different story.  Christmas will let out a blood curdling scream (literally) when my wife gets out of Christmas' eyesight.   

It's kinda funny, really, when we are home Christmas interacts more with me but when we are out and about you can't separate Christmas from my wife without the dog having separation anxiety.  So, Christmas has been given rights to go into local stores and the Wal-Mart 3rd shift crew love her.  We can't do our monthly grocery shopping without Christmas making her rounds to greet her favorite Wal-Mart employees first.  She has favorites.  Doesn't take to other men other than one Wal-Mart employee.  Any other man who tries to visit with Christmas she does not like and goes on guard.  Which I am not sure why.  They've never hurt her in any way but something about them she doesn't like.  

We had a Dachshund once that hated men too.  Why?  It's because the home he was in before us -- the man would beat the woman.  So this little dog considered himself protector of women.  He'd do like your dog does -- when my wife was home, he'd be glued to her.  When she wasn't home, my best buddy, but with an eye on the window for when my wife got home. 

We had a Dachshund once that hated men too.  Why?  It's because the home he was in before us -- the man would beat the woman.  So this little dog considered himself protector of women.  He'd do like your dog does -- when my wife was home, he'd be glued to her.  When she wasn't home, my best buddy, but with an eye on the window for when my wife got home. 

Yep.  It makes sense when an animal has been in an abusive home previously.  But as far as I am aware, other than the home she was in while being reared, we are her first and only owners.  We have had her taken to a few groomers who we think might have been hard on her.  We can't hardly groom her now without her trying to nip us.  We have been working with her a little at a time and she is getting better at letting us get the matted hairs she gets.  Baths are usually not a problem but I can't use animal shampoo on her as all the brands we've tried leave sores on her.  I have to use gentle shampoo for humans.  She also eats pretty much what is left on our plates that is puppy-safe because we no longer trust what is put in dog food.  

So, Kenny may be 10 years old but he looks healthy, happy, and will most likely show his new owners just how smart he really is.  He will also most likely be very active as age doesn't seem to slow them down.  They love to swag and I've found putting a small squeaky toy inside an old sock (make sure you will not want it back) works very well.  Christmas would destroy her toys if I did not do that as she has killed many of them in just a few hours. 

As for the J.R., there's not a squeaky toy around that can survive those.  My Lil' Daisy dog I had before would kill those within a few minutes.  Bought her 10 one time for a $1 each at a Dollar General.  All 10 were dead and shredded before the day was over.  And I was giving them to her one at a time.  Small dogs are so cool.  Did I mention small dogs also hog the bed?