Kid A's game room.

Kid A

I should have taken a pic of all the mess. ????

I just started moving into my new apartment today. I have about 90% of my games there and only a Super Nintendo I didn't know I had that I found in a random box I had in storage. There was also an Atari 5200 with the hookups but no controllers. I also got my 32" Sony Trinitron in the room too that I've had in storage for 2 years. Finally tried it to see if it works and it does. We played some Tetris on it and it looks so nice. So happy I'm finally using my Trinitron crt! Can't wait to get everything all set up.

The beginning.

post-79-0-31706700-1524974297_thumb.jpg

Oh...a 5200? That is all you needed LOL.

I love the 5200. It's vastly underrated.

32" Trinitron! The very peak of CRT picture quality. So how many people did it take to lift it? ;)

I love it. It looks so good! It took me, my brother and an appliance dolly to bring it up 15 steps to the 2nd floor. Just found the user manual online. It weighs 171 pounds.

Nice. I bet youll make that room awesome

Not really sure what I'm gonna do with it yet. Edited by Kid A

I love that breath of the wild display. I tried to get one when they were out there but i was beaten at every store. I was able to get the same style display of "Mario and Luigi superstar saga"

Now all ya need is the TV stand that goes to those big CRT TVs with the case at the bottom

I love my BotW store display. A buddy of mine got 2 of them and he game one to me. He knows im a big Zelda guy. Im going to have to share my other store displays later.

As far as a stand, there is a matching stand specific to that TV. I have actually located one but it's a pretty far drive. I might just go get it. This is what it looks like.

post-79-0-44394000-1525111159_thumb.jpg

I love my BotW store display. A buddy of mine got 2 of them and he game one to me. He knows im a big Zelda guy. Im going to have to share my other store displays later.

As far as a stand, there is a matching stand specific to that TV. I have actually located one but it's a pretty far drive. I might just go get it. This is what it looks like.

attachicon.gifCopy of KV-36HS500.JPG

Yea thats the stand. Looks so much better with it and you can store some games down there. Heres my store display. Im glad to have it and i might be getting another one soon. I think its gonna be a labo display

post-844-0-18488800-1525114557_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifCopy of KV-36HS500.JPG

That's a pretty handsome stand, how far is the drive?

Might have to "make a day of it" & try to discover a gamestore or arcade or something. sometime folks will meet halfway so they can "make a day of it" ;)

might wanna put a rug down to tie the room together as well Lebowskirug.jpg

That's a pretty handsome stand, how far is the drive?

Might have to "make a day of it" & try to discover a gamestore or arcade or something. sometime folks will meet halfway so they can "make a day of it" ;)

might wanna put a rug down to tie the room together as well Lebowskirug.jpg

The stand is only about 35 miles away from me. Which doesn't sound all that bad. Honestly id have to take the 91 freeway over there. That's like one of the nation's worst freeways. It'll probably take like 2.5 hours round trip.

Working a bit more in the game room again.

post-79-0-97955700-1525144050_thumb.jpg

So messy.

Can't wait for it to be done!

I have that same Zelda castle display in my room! Mine still has the Link cut out, too. I use it for storing PC disc games.

171 pound TV!!! And I thought my 32" JVC needed to go on a diet. It weighs 112 pounds which I had to move on my own. At least I am on first floor.

I got a great deal on it but too bad it's missing Link. I might mount a master sword in the middle if it isn't too much trouble.

171 lbs!!!  112 lbs!!!  YIKES! 

I remember when I finally disposed of our 32" tube TV.  It took three of us (me, my wife, and my oldest son) to get it down the stairs and it to the back of the car.  Then, of course, the giant dude at the Salvation Army lifted it all by himself and scoffed at me when I said "be careful, it's heavy". 

I pretend to be Hercules when I easily lift the 40" LCD TV up the stairs these days.

171 lbs!!! 112 lbs!!! YIKES!

I remember when I finally disposed of our 32" tube TV. It took three of us (me, my wife, and my oldest son) to get it down the stairs and it to the back of the car. Then, of course, the giant dude at the Salvation Army lifted it all by himself and scoffed at me when I said "be careful, it's heavy".

I pretend to be Hercules when I easily lift the 40" LCD TV up the stairs these days.

I finally got a stand for my CRT and I put it on myself....

.....that wasn't the best of ideas.

It's crazy how light some of these lcd TV's are. My 49" is lighter than my 47" lcd.

I've been so busy unpacking into the new apartment, I forgot about my own thread! ????

Well during all the chaos, I managed to find these 2 tv stands both on OfferUp. Pretty happy with them. They fit perfectly where I wanted them.

post-79-0-96099100-1526613994_thumb.jpg

I paid $45 for the flat panel stand and $10 for the CRT stand. I'm really happy with them. I have to finish hooking up everything but I took some time out to play some Ice Climber for the squad challenge. I'd say that the game room is about 95% clean. I just have a small mess in the closet. I'm pretty happy with the way it's coming out!

I have the Mario Kart 8 stand up in that style. It was given to me for free from a local buddy of mine. He in turn had a buddy that worked for gamestop. Although on any pics of my game room I have, it is really hard to see it stuck in the corner and flanked on either side by large cases/shelves...

Can just barely make it out in the center of this pic. And that is about all you can see of it in real life as well. When I first got it, I didn't have the larger black display case to the left of it and only had a small and thin shelf case that was only like 6 inches thick and not the 14inches of the current case.

post-1236-0-00617600-1527190465_thumb.jpg

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections