Sign in to follow this  
RickR

Old-school PC Benchmark for your modern PC

I've been capturing video of Euro Truck Simulator 2 for my YT channel.  I already posted the first video and I have 4 or 5 more to edit before uploading.  So far I'm really digging this setup.  Regardless of those numbers from benchmark it is performing decent but it could do with some GPU improvements.

That video is directly from the GPU I'm currently using.  You will see in later videos where I'm playing around and testing in-game graphic enhancements.  I'm using a wired 360 controller which can be touchy at times and controls are also effected by the frame rate. If FPS are slow then the control response will suffer as well.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:32 AM, RickR said:

It is possible that they "change the curve" so that the newest PC's don't exceed 100% on the main 3 values.   That probably explains why your CPU went down a little. 

Pretty sure this is the case. I rebuild and added the missing components I took from my old PC to offload it to a new home and ran the benchmark again after a clean OS load and only the minimal drivers needed. It scored lower than it did in my first post with scores and yet, I actually have faster all SSDs in that build now and was able to get the aging i5 up to an always constant 3.8-3.9ghz clock speed shutting off the C states on the CPU. 

Point being is that it should have scored the same if not higher than it did in my first scores results post but yet had dropped. Additionally my new build I posted the scores for has also dropped. So yes, I would say they scale this thing as more and more higher end systems get tested and added to the DB for comparisons. Basically over the past year, more and more people are building up PCs like I did and similar or better and that causes the rest of the scores to scale down accordingly.