kamakazi20012

Space Shuttle - HELP!

Trying Space Shuttle for the first time tonight. I have my cheater board in front of me resting on my VCS. But I don't have the overlay that goes over the switches and the instructions are not clear which position to put the switch to on off shuttle functions. I figured out the primary engines and cargo bay doors but have not been successful in docking with the satellite I'm suppose to rendezvous with. I'm doing flight 2 because I kind of want a bit of the full experience but this game is tough...but fun.

Has anyone else been successful at this game? Any one have any pointers? Good thing this isn't real or I'd be joining the stars.

I think I completed the game a few times many years ago.  The manual really helps, so check that out if you haven't already.  It's really a great game.  I think they did a great job of it.  Very rewarding for those with the patience to learn, and I think very educational. 

http://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareLabelID=466

Got the manual, box, and cheater card. Just missing the overlay. I'm having fun but the game has no patients while I am trying to read the manual as I go. Beautiful manual. It's a shame that they don't make quality products like this any more. Do we still have a space program here in the states?

What I find amazing is that Activision made this game with the forethought of having backup engines using the player 1 difficult select switch. If they hadn't done that, this game wouldn't be playable on the 7800.