Atari : A Visual History Book is LIVE on Kickstarter

Greyfox

Hello everybody,

Many of you may know me and many of you may not, I was the creator of a couple of Atari digital publications a few years back. The Atari Gamer Magazine and the Atari ST Gamer Series found over @ http://www.Atarigamer.co.uk and the AtariCrypt Atari ST Magazine which can be found for free here: https://ataricrypt.b...t-magazine.html

I had decided that I had given the Atari community some great product to enjoy and decided I wouldn't produce any more Atari content in the near future, but recently had seen some products that completely fit the bill in a direction I wanted to go in for quite some time and have returned and began work on a new book publication I am very passionate about and just knew this had to be done due to the complete lack of the Atari 8-bit computer range and its incredible software, so with that I present to you all a new Atari publication in the works.

image.thumb.png.71b2c58ad11e49e02df15f4ad5a90950.png

image.thumb.png.ad402d19ab39eded836743c8b2fe4ed7.png

Please support us today! : http://kck.st/2VWXiNo

The Book Previews

When creating something like this I am all about the visuals of a product and want to give the best experience in seeing these wonderful pieces of art and code and gameplay become one, so with that each game covered in the book with include on the left a remastered image of the Box or cassette inlay artwork with a 200 word write about the game and a single screenshot of the games in action, I have chosen not to include any Offical Atari-branded games in the book due to facing a possible Cease and Desist violation order against the book that could prevent the book being released and will be going through under fair usage and investigative journalism allowing this to be successful as an Unofficial Visual History of the Atari 8-bit. This was something I decided I would do after what Atari had placed against Marc Oberhäuser and his Atari related publication. So please enjoy the previews of the some of the games that will be included in the book.

28l6v6s.jpg

2jecw7p.jpg

fjzwxd.jpg

21r49.jpg

5z4mds.jpgfdg4g5.jpg

Thanks, everyone for your time

Kind regards

Darren.

Creator of the Atari Gamer Magazine Series

www.AtariGamer.co.uk

Please support the magazine today!

Edited by Greyfox
Updated

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

This sounds like a book no A8 owner would want to be without. And I am already loving the example pages! I would have to go with a hardback edition personally. Since this is about the Atari 8-bits, are you going to include the XEGS as well? It is an 8-bit computer at heart.

Also...are going to include games just in the UK or are you going to include those in the US and other countries as well? Some regions got games that others didn't.

Good Luck!

This sounds like a book no A8 owner would want to be without. And I am already loving the example pages! I would have to go with a hardback edition personally. Since this is about the Atari 8-bits, are you going to include the XEGS as well? It is an 8-bit computer at heart.

Also...are going to include games just in the UK or are you going to include those in the US and other countries as well? Some regions got games that others didn't.

Good Luck!

Many thanks for reply and yes I am scouring all third party titles from across the waters and in Europe they will be all included in the book. Something I forgot to mention in this press release is than I may need some exclusive atari game box art or cassette covers scanned for contribution to the game reviews, so far I've been very lucky with the artwork. Also to answer your question in relation to the XEGS coverage it will be probably be additional photography rather than a feature on the machine, I may do, but at the moment it will be unlikely.

Wow, that looks fantastic!

Many thanks Trek, I was be showcasing this in many other places soon, I just wanted to post this in the local Atari domains

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

Hello everyone, Hope all is very well with you all and that you are relaxing in the sunshine of the Atari 8-bit scene, I firstly want to apologise for my lack on inactivity here at Atari IO, to which I have from time to time popped in to see what has been happening, but with that I have been working tirelessly every day I am off work to continue to engage with the Atari Visual History book and have had an incredible journey with it so far, I have managed to secure some exclusive interviews in the book with some revelations I was personally stunned by. I have also created a total of over 140 game spreads that with be going into the book while trying to write up the reviews for them has been if I'm honest a big dagger in my side because it's reducing my creative flair in the process and was the reasoning why I reach out to you all here in helping me and to be a part of this project with forthcoming contributors from Atari IO, I am now reaching out to you all in relation to review write-ups. I have a vast majority of games yet to have words attached to them for inclusion in the book, therefore will truly help the project become a reality far quicker than if I have to construct the reviews which could take a further 3 months before I could consider running the crowdfunding on this project.

If this is something that you would be now committed too to contributing too, please, please get in touch with me via PM, I will gladly assign a selection of games to review or even if it is just one, your name goes in the book as a contributor :) The reviews as quite simply, a 200-210 word count, who created the game and what the games are about and your personal homage to the game.

I also wish to mention that the Software company profiles I wish to include in the book are also available at this time too. These consist of "Datasoft", "English Software", "Broderbund Software" and "Synapse Software" profiles taking up about 4 pages each to consist of roughly 2,000 to 2,500 words

again time is not playing well on my side at the moment and would very much love to have you guys internally involved with this project so that the planned crowdfunding stages can be set in place in March 2019 timeframe.

Thanks again guys

Darren.

p.s. I have a collection of the original programmers of some classic Atari 8-bit title reviewing their own games within the book as something special, to say the least, as well as one of them actually proofreading the content for me as they are now technical manual writers. lol.

P.s.s. @Scott, I will be in touch with you very soon now.

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

For those of you interested if you visit our website and sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the holding page, you will be automatically be notified when this project goes live for funding with your help of course

Please visit us @ www.greyfoxbooks.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/greyfoxbooks

Twitter: @greyfoxbooks

For updates as they happen.

Thanks everyone for your support so far.

Kind regards

Darren.

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

Hello everybody, 

It's been months in the making and now has come to big day, well tomorrow actually 😊. I am extremely proud to announce that the Kickstarter crowdfunding for the Atari: a Visual History start at 10am CET - 20th of April 2019

I am extremely proud of the achievement and work on this first book under the "Greyfox Books" first debut publication and especially proud of this fantastic achievement and I will update this post tomorrow with the link to it's page and hopefully will have some of you along for the trip with me as I venture into the the world of bringing something special to all Atari fans around the world.

Thank you guys 👍

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

Many thanks, Justin, truly appreciate the support the project has received so far, this needs to happen if we are to save humanity from dreaded Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum books appearing in the future, this is our last stand 🤣

we had this, this morning from an awesome Atari 8-bit legend. Very nice to see it!

Ron_Fortier_Comment.JPG

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

Many thanks, Scott, this was awesome to receive an acknowledgement like this, this book is one of a kind and something I feel very strongly about and relevant to the Atari communities as with other computers getting books made for their fanbase, why not the Atari 8-bit?

Hope you sign up :). All the best

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

We are now 50% funded and only 23days left. So if you haven't jumped on board..plesse do as I feel we need this book to make it out there, its a fun nostalgic trip through the gaming world of the Atari 8-bit and is a visual feast of what was the spirit of the Atari 8-bit now in book form. Please check us out and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

2 hours ago, Greyfox said:

We are now 50% funded and only 23days left. So if you haven't jumped on board..plesse do as I feel we need this book to make it out there, its a fun nostalgic trip through the gaming world of the Atari 8-bit and is a visual feast of what was the spirit of the Atari 8-bit now in book form. Please check us out and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

We're supporting you Darren! You do great work, I know you'll get 100% funded!! 🤞

Many thanks for the awesome support!!. Sorry I've not been about, I'm out campaigning for the project. Again you guys are awesome. Thank you so much! 😊

On 5/8/2019 at 3:11 AM, Justin said:

We're supporting you Darren! You do great work, I know you'll get 100% funded!! 🤞

Edited by Greyfox

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

On 5/8/2019 at 1:08 AM, RickR said:

Just a dumb question here from someone that doesn't know Kickstarter at all.  If the goal isn't met, are contributions refunded?

Thank you!

Hi Rick, that is correct it is all or nothing. If the book funds I get started straight away in get the book printed and shipped to all supporters asap. I took a massive risk of actually producing and finishing the book before hand, so its a case of simply delivering to all you awesome Atari Fans 👊

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

8 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Many thanks for the awesome support!!. Sorry I've not been about, I'm out campaigning for the project. Again you guys are awesome. Thank you so much! 😊

You're welcome! I love your publications and this project is amazing. I'll continue getting the word out to others!